Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
SECONDARY FUEL FILTER

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 May 2009, 09:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Cool SECONDARY FUEL FILTER

Hi! this is my first time ever posting on a forum. I was wondering if anybody has installed
a secondary fuel filter on a 2002 PT cruiser and if they have what kind of filter have you used, any help would be appreciated.
Old 27 May 2009, 09:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: SECONDARY FUEL FILTER

Why would you want to do that. The one in tank is super good and there is no need for a second one.
Old 27 May 2009, 08:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Agree. I think you'd be introducing a potential leak.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 29 May 2009, 07:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

I am Parinoid and do not know that much about cars. I just thinking if I put a secondary fuel filter in just in case the filter in the tank goes bad and craps out.
Old 29 May 2009, 07:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

IMHO, you are worrying about something that MAY be insignificant in the scheme of things. There are a number of things that you COULD worry about if you were so inclined.

There is a lot of labor involved to do that and if the designers thought it would be a problem they would have never put it in the tank. As long as you use fuel from a gas station you shouldn't have a problem. Water possibly yes, but the filter wouldn't help much anyway with a water problem.

Keep on lovin' the PT.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 29 May 2009, 07:41 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioroc777 View Post
I am Parinoid and do not know that much about cars. I just thinking if I put a secondary fuel filter in just in case the filter in the tank goes bad and craps out.

It's a good thought, but the guys who have responded to your query, including myself, have been around this forum and others for many tears and that kind of problem hasn't surfaced as of yet. The filter in the tank does a pretty good job and unless you think about someone dropping something in your tank, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. Get yourself a good gas cap lock.

If you really need to, the fuel line is right on top of the engine and with the right precautions and tools, you can add an in-line filter quite easily.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 May 2009, 04:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks to everybody for their help and opinions I really appreciate it