Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
picking up my '06 PT tomorrow!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 May 2009, 08:55 pm
Regular Cruiser

Question picking up my '06 PT tomorrow!!!

Can anyone tell me the warranty info. for an '06 PT? Does it have the unl./unl. powertrain? If so is it really unlimited? My inservice date is 6/06 and she has 32K miles. (just a base model) WHen is a tranny service due?

Thx, 66CUDA
Old 28 May 2009, 09:00 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: picking up my '06 PT tomorrow!!!

My understanding is 7-years/70k on the drive train; gut only to the original buyer. I'm the second owner of mine and received a letter to that effect from Chrysler saying that I could pay them $150 to transfer to my name (?). Reading the actual conditions didn't look like it was worth it, so I didn't. Especially with the current state of the company.

I hear that it's a good idea to change the tranny fluid around 50k. I see other vehicle's with much more on them with it still untouched. It's like Jiffy-Lube saying you 'should' change your oil every 3000 miles, why? Look in the owners manual for what the manufacturer recommends. If you don't have one, this site offers a download.
Old 28 May 2009, 12:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If I remember right, it is 30K miles or 36 months from date put in to operation

I had 7years 70K on my 2002, but Chrysler did away with that. our 2008 has Lifetime Warranty on engine & drive train. That is why I traded in the 2006 on it.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 30 May 2009, 06:14 am
Cool Cruiser

I've had mine for about 3 months now... 2nd owner but unfortunately I didn't get any prior maintenance records from the dealer.

I just started the Chrysler recommended services straight out of the book at 45k miles. As I recall tranny fluid is recommended at 60k which is what I'll most likely do along with the plugs, wires, etc.. etc...

I just had my 48k service and the car has been flawless... did get an engine light last week which turned out to be a faulty downstream O2 sensor. Other than that, no problems so far. *knocks on wood*
Old 30 May 2009, 01:06 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Do not wait until 50k to get automatic tranny service or you might be replacing your tranny. We lost our '01's auto tranny at 81k. When talking to the service manager at our dealer about the problems with the 41TE auto tranny he wouldn't admit to a problem with the tranny, but off the record he said to not wait for the 50k service. He said every 30k alternate between a drain and fill and a full service flush. We now have 120k on our '04 and it runs like new.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 30 May 2009, 09:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: picking up my '06 PT tomorrow!!!

I got my 2006 in August 2006.
The standard warranty is 3 years/36K.
The extended Chrysler warranty I purchase is 7yr/70K.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 13 Jun 2009, 12:26 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
He said every 30k alternate between a drain and fill and a full service flush. We now have 120k on our '04 and it runs like new.
I was reading a post some time ago (somewhere on the intrawebs) about a mechanic who owned a PT Cruiser. He said forget about worrying about the warranty coverage and change the trans fluid every 20k as insurance.

However 30k alternating sounds a lot more cost effective as a trans flush can get expensive. I think I may do the first one at 25k though.
Old 13 Jun 2009, 02:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

To anyone other than 1st owner the power train warranty drops to 3 years or 36K miles

The Original - The 1939 Plymouth
Retired in sunny Florida
2007 Pt Cruiser Sedan
Touring Edition
Bright Silver Metallic
Old 13 Jun 2009, 04:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Do not wait until 50k to get automatic tranny service or you might be replacing your tranny. We lost our '01's auto tranny at 81k. When talking to the service manager at our dealer about the problems with the 41TE auto tranny he wouldn't admit to a problem with the tranny, but off the record he said to not wait for the 50k service. He said every 30k alternate between a drain and fill and a full service flush. We now have 120k on our '04 and it runs like new.
Yeah I read a lot of comments similar to this on the forums over the last couple weeks which is why I went ahead and got the tranny flush a few days ago and changed the plugs and wires yesterday. The Champion RE16MC plugs that were in it had a gap of .057 which is worn out to say the least. I replaced them with Bosch Platinum +4 and noticed an immediate improvement in acceleration. Mileage remains to be seen.

Pretty happy with the car now... bought it at 45k having no idea of prior maintenance and over the last 4k miles have done the 45/48k oil change, a rotation, tranny flush, and replaced plugs/wires.

All should be good till the 90-100k timing belt change... at least that's what I'm hoping. Car is running great and is a pleasure to drive.
Old 13 Jun 2009, 05:58 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis2k7 View Post
Yeah I read a lot of comments similar to this on the forums over the last couple weeks which is why I went ahead and got the tranny flush a few days ago and changed the plugs and wires yesterday. The Champion RE16MC plugs that were in it had a gap of .057 which is worn out to say the least. I replaced them with Bosch Platinum +4 and noticed an immediate improvement in acceleration. Mileage remains to be seen.

Pretty happy with the car now... bought it at 45k having no idea of prior maintenance and over the last 4k miles have done the 45/48k oil change, a rotation, tranny flush, and replaced plugs/wires.

All should be good till the 90-100k timing belt change... at least that's what I'm hoping. Car is running great and is a pleasure to drive.
Sounds like you have it handled. Enjoy.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic