Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Chrysler Closings???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 May 2009, 09:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Chrysler Closings???

I fail to see how closing dealers saves Chrysler money. The dealer has to pay for the franchise - what it will do is reduce competition so when you shop around, you'll have fewer choices.
GM is doing it, too.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 02 Jun 2009, 05:37 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Chrysler Closings???

A link from Drudge Report to Bret Bart on Friday quoted a article......all but one of the closed dealers were known contributors to the Republican Party. Only one had made contributions to Obamas campaign. Said that the blogosphere had rumored this for a few days, then facts had come out and been verified. Supposedly Chrysler was given a list of dealers to close by the white house. Yet some dealers that are real losers financially are staying open, seemingly those with heavy political ties to the dems.
At first I thought, yeah right....even tho I don't like the guy, this seems really far fetched.
Then I thought some more about things that are going on right now, things you'd have said "no way" to if someone had told you a year ago they'd be happening.

Find the link at Drudge to Bret Bart.......honestly, I hope it's just some elaborate hoax, I really do. Because if it's not, we've a government that is telling industry to destroy private citizens financially simply because of politics.