Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
little clicking noise from front right wheel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 May 2009, 01:13 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default little clicking noise from front right wheel(solved)

hi, I noticed that there is a little clicking noise from the front right wheel of my pt, also when I brake or accelerate is become a sort of cilling. I have checked the wheel, driveshaft and disc brake and everything looks ok, what could it be?

I would send it to the dealer under the warranty(the full warranty finish june 5 2009 and the one of the poweplant on april 12 2011) but I have to drive two hour to go there so I would prefer to do it myself if its easy and cheap.

got it solved by the dealer, it was just a loose wheel cap

Last edited by yaris; 04 Jun 2009 at 03:08 pm.
Old 30 May 2009, 03:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: little clicking noise from front right wheel

Have the brake pads been replaced recently?? Had the same noise and it was a bent anti rattle clip. New clip, problem solved!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 30 May 2009, 05:22 pm
Regular Cruiser

ok I'll check that when I'll get some time.

oh and I noticed that there is a little lateral slop in the driving shafts, maybe one milimeters, is it normal? also if the trans is in first gear and I turn the wheel by and there is maybe 1/8 of a wheel turn I can turn it, is it normal?

I prefer to ask so I wont drive two hour just to have someone telling me: thats normal
Old 30 May 2009, 08:45 pm
Cool Cruiser

i had that same noise and it is the brake or just the brake pads, i had the same problem but my mechanic just replaced that pads and it was fine after that. i think there is a little metal piece that fits inside where the brake pad is or on the brake itself and sometimes that will rub against or scrape against the rotors so check that out too.
Old 31 May 2009, 09:45 am
Regular Cruiser

I checked the pads and they are fine, checked also if there is any clip rubbing on the disc and there is any, everything seem at his place and work properly. I am almost asking myself if it could be a sort of sound effect from the little balancing weights when they turn.

Any other idea of what it could be?

Last edited by yaris; 04 Jun 2009 at 03:07 pm.