Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Multi-function control switch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jun 2009, 03:04 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Multi-function control switch

I finally got my car back yesterday after waiting much too long to get a hold of a multifunction control switch. Apparently, there is a national backorder on them (to the tune of 150!). Because of the Chrysler financial crisis, the suppliers aren't shipping to the dealers until the dealer closings are sorted out later this month, and the dealers won't sell to each other. There is a way to get a hold of one sooner, but it'll cost you. What you need to do is to order the foglight kit. It comes with foglights, wiring harness, and MULTI-FUNCTION CONTROL SWITCH! It costs 2-3 times as much as the switch only, but at least it is available in a timely manner. So now I have spare foglights and a wiring harness for the future, just in case something burns out, which would not surprise me at all, the way things are going in this car.
Old 04 Jun 2009, 03:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Multi-function control switch

There are always people looking for the lights and harness. You can try and sell them to get part of your money back. You can put an ad in out "For Sale" part of the forum.

There are places that sell the switch separately too, like PT Boutique for about $75.00 ...

PT Cruiser Multifunction Switch

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 04 Jun 2009, 03:29 pm
Young Cruiser

PT Boutique is where I found out about the foglight kit. They are not even taking orders for the multifunction switch alone, because they can't get one either. But they said that if you are desperate for one, you can get one by ordering the foglight kit. So that is what I did, through them, and also called the dealer and gave them the idea so they ordered one, too. The dealer was able to obtain one and install it sooner than PT Boutique could get one shipped (they drop ship from whatever dealer in Florida they work with), so I cancelled my order with PT Boutique because it hadn't even shipped yet.
Old 04 Jun 2009, 03:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Glad it worked out for you and as I said, plenty of PT's out there without the fog lights so you might get some of your money back by selling what you don't need.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 04 Jun 2009, 04:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

My local dealer had them out the ying yang a few weeks ago when I needed one. Shoulda bought a spare knowing the reliability of the damn things.
Old 05 Jun 2009, 06:22 am
Cool Cruiser

Why not just call a local auto parts retailer? My local NAPA has them in stock alll the time.