Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Intermittant wipers quit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jun 2009, 10:16 am
Young Cruiser

Default Intermittant wipers quit

The other functions still work, but the intermittant function quit. Any ideas? Could it be a bad switch, or is there more involved?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 07 Jun 2009, 10:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Intermittant wipers quit

Nick,

Did they work since you pulled the dash apart last December? Just saying that because it's possible you might have moved a wire or two that has something to do with the wipers.

There's only one fuse (No #15) for the whole wiper system. According to the Chassis Electrical System diagram for the wiper system, the intermittent wiper system is built into the wiper stalk. It's possible it's burnt out just like the Multi-function stalk (other side of the steering column) did for many owners.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 07 Jun 2009 at 10:35 am.
Old 07 Jun 2009, 11:57 am
Young Cruiser

Thanks for the input! Where is a good place to buy PT parts online?

Nick
Old 07 Jun 2009, 01:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Nick,

Before I suggest a place, I want you to be sure the wiper switch is the bad part. My responses are the best of my knowledge as to what's wrong but you should get a second opinion and especially a professional opinion before buying parts.

I looked it up, the switch fits 01-05 cruisers and it's $87+ but your the first one I've come across to have this problem, so it's not like the fan motor where I've told countless owners they need one.

I've dealt with Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto for lots of parts without a problem but do your own checking, even local stores like NAPA and Auto Zone might have them at different prices.

At RockAuto it's: Airtex Part # 1S2130

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 07 Jun 2009 at 01:21 pm.
Old 07 Jun 2009, 07:48 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks - I will research further, but it is good to have an online source to at least price check parts.
Nick
Old 01 Mar 2012, 06:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have 03 PT Cruiser. I am having a similar problem. The normal wiper function works as well as the single pass use. However, the intermittant wiper function doesn't work. Sometimes when I try to use it the wipers move a couple of inches then there is a low volume squell until I switch out of the intermittand function.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Randy
Old 13 Aug 2016, 08:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hello guys!

I know that I'm replying an old post from 2012. But Its the first on google so I want to leave my experience in here for future references.

I have a 2006 PT Cruiser, since I bought it the Intermittent modes didn't work. When you change one position will do 1 round and will not work again until you move to the next.

Until you put on the standard speed, that works ok.

A friend with the same 2006+ pt cruiser have an accident (he is ok but the pt no) since he will sold it as junk I took the wiper leveler, and put in mine (that works on his pt). And that doesn't fix que problem. I still have the same problem. I'm not sure what controls the timed working of the wiper. may be a relay? If I found the solution I will post in here, but the command leveler is not
Old 13 Aug 2016, 09:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

According to the Haynes Manual, all the delay functions are inside the stalk.

Old 13 Aug 2016, 11:05 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftoner View Post
Hello guys!

I know that I'm replying an old post from 2012. But Its the first on google so I want to leave my experience in here for future references.

I have a 2006 PT Cruiser, since I bought it the Intermittent modes didn't work. When you change one position will do 1 round and will not work again until you move to the next.

Until you put on the standard speed, that works ok.

A friend with the same 2006+ pt cruiser have an accident (he is ok but the pt no) since he will sold it as junk I took the wiper leveler, and put in mine (that works on his pt). And that doesn't fix que problem. I still have the same problem. I'm not sure what controls the timed working of the wiper. may be a relay? If I found the solution I will post in here, but the command leveler is not
Does your wiper works on direct speed and fast, and stop at the end when you turn it off?