PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
The Custom PT Theme Re-Design Post: What would you build?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jun 2009, 07:23 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile The Custom PT Theme Re-Design Post: What would you build?

Hey Everyone,

I thought this might be a fun post to try as I always find it really interesting how many different and cool ideas people have when it comes to customization. Its even more fun sometimes to maybe take on somewhat of a Theme to really set things off, and get the imagination rolling!

So, if you were to take a PT that was already upgraded mechanically to the max, but otherwise completely stock and had an unlimited budget to re-design the ride cosmetically from top to bottom, what would you build it into? Would you go old school with a Classic Style, or go all out with a crazy radical custom, or something totally different and all your own style all together? What colors would you paint yours, would you do flames, or graphic's and go all crazy, or keep it nice and clean? Would you add a Body Kit, or maybe have a new Body Kit made from scratch, or maybe keep the origional Body Lines instead? What about the interior, what colors would you use? What would you do to really set it off inside? What would you do to add your own custom flare to it? And how about the wheels, Mirrors, and other accessories? What would you do to make people at a huge PT Show walk by and say "Wow" look at that?

Here is one of my many concepts I have been kicking around for a while.

How about a throw back to the Muscle Car Era on a PT? This concept would work well to me on both a hardtop, or vert. I would start off making a custom air box that would relocate the air cleaner to the top of the motor to resemble the old school Shaker Style hood scoop that was available on the old school Mopar Muscle Cars like the Challenger, or Charger. Then I would cut a hole in the hood to follow the mod so that the Air Scoop would move or "Shake independent out the center of the hood. After that was done, I would set the hood up on pins like a drag car so that you can remove the hood itself and set it on bar supports over the motor like a lot of Muscle Cars did back in the day. Then add a wide body kit to widen out the rear fenders for a more aggressive stance, and make room for 22" wheels in back as well. Then I would move on to paint. Keeping with the muscle car theme, I would probably paint it with a classic color like Limetime Green, Hugger Orange, or Plum Crazy Purple along the sides with the classic satin black paint on the hood, on the rear wing, and possibly a black graphic down the side, or a black stripe with a custom PT logo going vertically down the rear quarter panel like the "Judge logo was done, and probably also paint the vertical pilers on the grill the same satin black and the horizontal grille supports in body color to match up nicely with a more aggressive look to it. Next would disassemble the headlights and paint the inside surround flat black, and spray the tail lights to match and flow with the theme. Change the mirrors out with some solid Billet Chopper Style Teardrop Mirrors. Then finish off with a nice set of custom wheels 22" in back, and 20" up front with a Hyper Black face, over a chrome lip set up on air ride to tuck as far into the wheel wells as possible.

Finally the inside would be converted to four Recarro Racing Style bucket seats done in black with 6 point harnesses, along with a black vinyl dash, new black vinyl headliner, new black carpet, and upholstery with diamond plate accents throughout for a more racing type of vibe. Then add door panels in body color to give a carry things inside nicely. One other thing I would probably do that might be really cool would be to make a new plate to fit where the stock gauges are to house a custom set of performance gauges instead. Black out the windows, and maybe add a couple of those cool fake NOS Tank Sub Enclosures like Crewzin has but painted to match mounted over a custom diamond plate floor.

I could see that as a really cool looking Custom Themed PT with a fun throw back modern muscle car design, and something I have never seen done before.

So how about you guys? What would you build? Lets see what your imagination can do!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 08 Jun 2009 at 07:48 pm.
Old 08 Jun 2009, 07:43 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: The Custom PT Theme Re-Design Post: What would you build?

I sure hope you would do this to a turbo model. IMHO there is nothing dumber than making a car look like a hot rod and for it to be really slow.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 08 Jun 2009, 07:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I would have like to see Chrysler come out with some of the custom designs that I've seen in drawings or one-off's that they showed at Cruise-the-Falls.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 08 Jun 2009, 10:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Unhappy Re: The Custom PT Theme Re-Design Post: What would you build?

Agree Don!
But, I think Chrysler is a lost cause....

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 09 Jun 2009, 02:36 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: The Custom PT Theme Re-Design Post: What would you build?

Hey their Guys,

Mean green,
Yep! Turbo for sure! Of course a full blown Hemi would be better, but.

Crewzin,
yep, I agree that I wish Chrysler would have built a few of those Prototypes as well as an updated version of the Pronto as well!

And Sooner,
I agree that I am not sure Chrysler is worth too much these days, but that doesn't mean that we have to give up home on maybe resurrecting some coolness out of the other 1,000,000+ PT's out in the world! In fact to me, I kinda hope maybe since their are many older PT's out their that are becoming more, and more affordable all the time that maybe a new breed of Custom PT Builders might become more inspired to build some new, and really cool creations! Just look here at all that could be done with just a PT and a little imagination! Non of these exist yet, but some would be really cool to try!

That is kinda more what this post is about is what would you do to a blank PT if you could redo one with a totally new design? What kind of cool original ideas could you come up with to make a really cool looking PT? What would you do to a PT to make it totally unique? Maybe a new Theme, or maybe some cool new one off parts. Your imagination is the limit here, so what would you do if you could?

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 09 Jun 2009, 05:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

There's one for ya. lol
Old 09 Jun 2009, 09:21 am
Cool Cruiser

I would like to find a way to have a split windshield. I want mine to look like an
old style roadster.
Old 09 Jun 2009, 10:03 am
Fresh Cruiser

what is the cruise the falls? My windshield has a sticker on it with cruise the falls 4? i think
Old 09 Jun 2009, 10:46 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I'll send you a PM

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Jun 2009, 11:19 am
Young Cruiser

Here's what I would do with my '02, if I had the money...

1st, custom rims- chrome spider webs with a skull in the center.
2nd, body work - chrome front and back bumper, deep shine black paintjob on body with a matt-black spider web on the hood. Skull in matt black in the center of the web
3rd, install "Landau" bars (those little "s" looking chrome pieces on the backs of hearses) on the back.
4th, custom door handles - either coffin handles or skeleton arms, chrome
5th, suicide doors. Yeah baby.
6th, interior, change out gray interior panels for black. Line gages in red neon. Red neon under the front and back seats. red neon around dash panels (activate with a switch).
7th, engine - custom paint a few pieces in red with black pinstriping

For the record, I'd leave it so it rode just as high as it does now...I like that level. I also might put twin chrome tails on it. Replace the headlights with proj light.

Anyway...That's my dream PT. A mini hearse. Oh...And the horn would be replaced with either a musical horn that played the funeral march or an eighteen wheeler air-horn. *HONK!!!!*

Last edited by sifu_scott; 09 Jun 2009 at 11:22 am.