Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Over heating

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jun 2009, 02:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Over heating

02 non turbo PT Cruiser. Had leaking coolant bypass tubes replaced. Car ran fine and cool under all conditions. When I got car back it overheated going up a steep grade with AC on but would cool down by turning AC off. No problems with AC on or off except going up grade. Rad. flushed twice, new rad cap., new high and low relys, fuses good, new fan (old fan did not work on low speed), new thermostat and sensor. Dealer now says that AC condenser is blocked and is causing heat to go through radiator which is causing it to run hot and high pressure line at 400 psi. Dealer wants to change condenser for $600 but will not guarantee problem will be fixed. Noticed they used green coolant and I tried to find red Chrysler coolant to replace it but could not find it. Used orange all purpose coolant. can this be the problem? Under a load is the compressor supposed to shut off and if so how can I check for that? Any suggestions? I am out of patience and ideas Thanks
Old 10 Jun 2009, 02:43 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Over heating

As I put in the other thread
Quote:
Sounds like a faulty High Pressure switch on the A/C to me.

Air Conditioner lines freeze - why ??

That link explains it well by Crewzin. The HPS is located near the accumulator near the firewall of the vehicle.