PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
My first race and my first kill :D

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jun 2009, 04:29 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default My first race and my first kill :D

i'm sure some of you guys frown on racing yadda yadda yadda. But There is this new style hyundai tiburon around here... SeouBro is the license plate. He like to mess around from stop light to stop light (I know from previous cars).

Anyways. He has a 5 or 6spd manual and some mods done. Nice little car, but I dont care for hyundai.

So we are at a stop light and start taking off, only he tries to match my speed the whole time and wont let me move in inch (If that makes sense?). So I give it more and more gas until I floor it and he floors it. Surprisingly, I was about a car length ahead until we let off about 70mph or so. I was pretty impressed! But I always knew my cruiser had some kick from a roll. Just getting off the line it's a slug.

Anyways thought I would share.

Matt

2005 civic ex special edition, 5spd, fully loaded, 40k miles

I have a wide-band o2 sensor for sale!! PM ME!!
Old 15 Jun 2009, 06:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: My first race and my first kill :D

Ya I had a race.The paper boy had his 10 speed bike and blew my doors off.Are you kidding me. Race a P T. They are a little car that will get you from point A to point B. Now my Firebird Trans Am is a different story.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 07:13 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by journalist1947 View Post
Ya I had a race.The paper boy had his 10 speed bike and blew my doors off.Are you kidding me. Race a P T. They are a little car that will get you from point A to point B. Now my Firebird Trans Am is a different story.
I know of several PT GTs that'll blow the doors off of your Firebird. In fact, my little Neon SRT-4 would show you it's taillights. Just cause you have a V8 does not make it fast.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 15 Jun 2009, 07:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

I'm proud of you Matt, but only to the point where you proved that the underdog was stronger. But of course, like you said, I don't really like street racing. Just prove your point, and let it be.

Quote:
Old 15 Jun 2009, 08:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Well I bet my 12 second 5.0 is quicker!!!1111oneeleven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
I know of several PT GTs that'll blow the doors off of your Firebird. In fact, my little Neon SRT-4 would show you it's taillights. Just cause you have a V8 does not make it fast.
Truth. Man I love cammed srt4's. One of the baddest sounding mugs ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 View Post
I'm proud of you Matt, but only to the point where you proved that the underdog was stronger. But of course, like you said, I don't really like street racing. Just prove your point, and let it be.

Ya thats why I'm excited too. I hate hyundai, especially those little gay ass "tuner" tiburons. And this guy is notorious around here for trying to race people. So I'm happy. Thats the first time I've raced on either the street or track in like.. 6months?? A long ass time.

2005 civic ex special edition, 5spd, fully loaded, 40k miles

I have a wide-band o2 sensor for sale!! PM ME!!
Old 16 Jun 2009, 07:17 am
Cool Cruiser

Try it in a Turbo...

I'm often surprised how quickly it'll get up to 60, without the intention of racing, from a stop light. Gotta watch it.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 08:33 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Those must be some heavily modded GTs. My dad's '96 Z28 stock would spank a stock GT up and down without really trying.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 09:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post

Sorry I just wet myself laughing so hard.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 10:32 am
Senior Cruiser

EDIT: This was in response to 'journalist1947'.

Well, first off, if you've got a third gen, even with the best option (1986+), the L98 350, you're only pushing a little more than 240hp with the stock motor.

If you've got a 4th gen and it's a true Trans Am, you've either got the LS1 (~300hp or ~320hp with ram air hood) or the LT1 (~275hp). A turbo PT with a beefed up bottom end, a bigger turbo and a couple other mods would probably give you a run for your money, so don't be so quick to be cocky.

Last edited by chris15; 16 Jun 2009 at 10:35 am.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 10:35 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Talking Re: My first race and my first kill :D

Hey journalist1947,

So your thinking your Firebird isn't much of a match for a GT eh? Whats your best time on a track? Just a bit curious. I can think of at least 2 PT's off the top of my head that I would bet your Firebird would be hard pressed to keep up with without much problem. You show me your stats, I will show you theirs, and then we will see who is talking smack!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 16 Jun 2009 at 10:50 am.
Closed Thread