Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Should I add a spoiler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jun 2009, 09:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Should I add a spoiler?

Does the PT Cruiser looker better with or without a sport spoiler?
Not sure I want to add one.

The Original - The 1939 Plymouth
Retired in sunny Florida
2007 Pt Cruiser Sedan
Touring Edition
Bright Silver Metallic

Last edited by oldretiredfred; 18 Jun 2009 at 09:49 pm.
Old 18 Jun 2009, 09:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to YoungCruiserrr
Default Re: Should I add a spoiler?

In my opinion, I love mine. I think the back of a PT Cruiser is rather boring. But don't make your decision off what we think, It's your PT do what you like. That's what makes it your own special PT

Here are a few shots of mine

Old 19 Jun 2009, 07:38 am
Young Cruiser

I agree with YoungCruiserrr. I think that the back of the Cruiser looks unfinished without the spoiler.
Old 19 Jun 2009, 09:09 am
Cool Cruiser

I'm happy with mine as is... don't see the need for a spoiler, or spinners for that matter.
Old 19 Jun 2009, 09:13 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Should I add a spoiler?

Hey their oldretiredfred,

It really depends on you, and your individual taste. If you would like to go for a more modern Cruiser feel to it, then I recon it would be cool to get a Spoiler, but for me, with your screen name, and that way cool pic of the old 39 in your sig, I kinda get the feel your more of an old school kinda guy. With that said, I will go against the grain on this one and say, if you are eventually ever might like to change up the theme of your PT for a more nostalgic look and feel, back in the day they didn't have no spoilers.

It really wouldn't be all that hard to pull a cool old school look to your PT without much trouble. Here are a couple of pics for you. The first is a siver PT with just wheels, and a bit of chrome, the second is one is a more involved but really nicely done PT also keeping with your silver paint (wish I had a front end view), and the third is as close as I can find to that 39 you got their (Note the really interesting chrome divider strip this guy used to split the windshield). Note all three don't have a spoiler on them and they look cool to me.

And here is a Link to my Old School section of my PT Photo Archives for you to flip through as well. Note how I believe their are just two in the three pages of PT's that have spoilers at all.

OLD SCHOOL CRUISERS pictures by WestValleyCruisersPTCruiserArchives - Photobucket

Of course in the end it is up to you on this one but I figured I might give you a different prospective. Anyways, that is my two cents for what its worth, and wish the very best on which ever way you decide.

Go easy and I will catch you later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 19 Jun 2009 at 09:19 am.
Old 19 Jun 2009, 04:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Candyman for the link to the photos. Great looking cruisers, the old style car look is what I want to do (eventually)

Karen
Old 19 Jun 2009, 04:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

There's my spoiler!

Ill warn you though the stock spoiler on 06+ takes about and hour to get off. They have weather stripping underneath it that we used gasoline and a razor blade to take off.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 11:09 am
Senior Cruiser

Well Fred, there are two things to think about here:

Appearance - lots of people love 'em, and think the Cruiser looks unfinished without one. But then there are also lots of us who think the Cruiser looks better without! So if appearance is your consideration, it all depends on your personal taste.

Function - there are a number of people it'll direct a lot of rain or snow off the back window; I couldn't say, since I'm one of those who prefer 'without'.