Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Fuse Blowing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jun 2009, 10:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Fuse Blowing

First off GREAT SITE! Gotta love that google search!
I have a 2002 PT that keeps blowing the 20 amp wiper/signal fuse! I replaced it once and it lasted a week, tried another fuse, it didnt blow but wiper/signals are still dead Thought i would ask here first before spending the 95 dollar shop rate! The middle fingers are coming hard and heavy boy's i am resorting to arm signals now to avoid some road rage! Any help would be appreciated! Have a Great day!
Old 19 Jun 2009, 10:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Fuse Blowing

The multi-function stalk was my first thought but your talking both stalks on either side of the steering column so it has to be something in common with both and that is the wiring going down the steering column. Possibly a shorted wire in one of the harnesses. Do you have the adjustable steering wheel? Go all the way up and down to move the wiring harness around and see if that helps the wipers/signals.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Jun 2009, 11:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Fuse Blowing

Yeah! i have the adjustable steering column! I'll check for a fried wire in the morning when i have a little more light! Hope its nothing to serious! I'll let you know what happened! Thanks for the help crewzin! Have a great nite!