Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Water leak!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jun 2009, 11:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

Question Water leak!

Hi all! I noticed a few days ago that my car was smelling a bit musty but I chalked it up to humidity and an iced tea carton left inside. I find out yesterday that the floor of the back seat is wet and I have no idea why. We have been getting a lot of rain lately so I checked the seals and they seem fine. The only thing I did notice was that under the driver's seat there is a hole that seems to be missing a screw- I've certainly never taken a screw out of it and I bought it as a demo from the dealer in 2008. Could the screw hole be what's letting water in or has anyone had this problem and found it to be something else?
P.S. I don't have a sunroof so that can't be it
Old 21 Jun 2009, 12:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Water leak!

Patti,

Welcome to the forum. Hard to tell where exactly where the water on the floor of the back seat is coming from but probably not from a small hole on the floor, unless it's a decent size hole and it's directly in the path of splashed up water from one of the tires. Most probably from a leak around the rear hatch or door. Check all around the rear hatch and the door closest to the part of the floor that's wet.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 02:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Water leak!

Thanks for the welcome! I may have found the source (hopefully). There was a gallon jug of water in the back hatch that got a hole and was nearly empty. Of course, the floor of the hatch is soaked and my assumption is that the water ran down into the back seat. I'm letting it air out in the driveway and I'll have to check again next time we get a big rain. Thanks again for the quick reply! I'm glad I've found this forum with so many frendly people!