Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2010 PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jun 2009, 08:39 am
Young Cruiser

Default 2010 PT

Has anyone stopped by their dealer to see if the 2010 will be available?

Now that production is to be extended for a year, it would be nice to be able to order a new one with all the options you would like.

I went by my dealer yesterday to see if they had heard of any news. The sales guys said they were still in the dark about any models for Canada but thought that they would only be sold in Brazil.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 11:04 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: 2010 PT

People still buy new cars?

Not me... I'll buy a slightly used new car and let someone else take the loss... worked well with my most recent purchase... got this PT at a little less than 50% of the original price with just 45k miles on it.

Worth it IMHO.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 08:28 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis2k7 View Post
People still buy new cars?
Not me... I'll buy a slightly used new car and let someone else take the loss... worked well with my most recent purchase... got this PT at a little less than 50% of the original price with just 45k miles on it.

Worth it IMHO.
Agreed. I learned my lesson, I am buying used next time. The wife hates used cars, which is why I always looked for a deal on something new. The depreciation though is killer on a new car.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 12:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yep.. that's why I'll never do it again.

Anyway, my girlfriend's mother is new car shopping now... her 2003 Kia Spectra lost the catalytic converter the other day at 98k miles and she's not fixing it... She was getting cam sensor codes and other codes related to the O2 sensor and was quoted $1500 to fix it... (although I'm sure it's a ripoff) ... When you crank the car it sounds like it doesn't have a muffler...

The car (80% of its life was spent in Minnesota before she moved here 2 years ago) has massive rust damage underneath in addition to rust creeping up the sides of the car...

Yay for salt damage. Gonna try to get her to buy a PT.. LOL

Last edited by Travis2k7; 29 Jun 2009 at 01:01 pm.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 02:57 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis2k7 View Post
Yep.. that's why I'll never do it again.

Anyway, my girlfriend's mother is new car shopping now... her 2003 Kia Spectra lost the catalytic converter the other day at 98k miles and she's not fixing it... She was getting cam sensor codes and other codes related to the O2 sensor and was quoted $1500 to fix it... (although I'm sure it's a ripoff) ... When you crank the car it sounds like it doesn't have a muffler...

The car (80% of its life was spent in Minnesota before she moved here 2 years ago) has massive rust damage underneath in addition to rust creeping up the sides of the car...

Yay for salt damage. Gonna try to get her to buy a PT.. LOL
Hijack? If she can live with the rust I think by law cats have to be warranted for either 8 or 10 years. Can't remember. A dealer should replace it.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 03:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

Anyone knows for SURE if FIAT will really extend the PT's production for 1 more year until the FIAT 500 shows up in North America?

I mean...is it just the same rumor that I heard of or a confirmed plan?
Old 29 Jun 2009, 03:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf View Post
Agreed. I learned my lesson, I am buying used next time. The wife hates used cars, which is why I always looked for a deal on something new. The depreciation though is killer on a new car.
Same here. I paid ~55% of the original price for a 2 1/2 years old car BUT with only 19k miles on it.

I was looking for a brand new car ($$$) at first but I had to talk with myself at one point...So I ended up with this PT and I don't regret it.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 04:06 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
We had a Kia Spectra that lost the cat, too. Dealer wanted something like $1400 just for the cat. We took it to a local exhaust shop and he put a universal cat on it for less than $250. Problem solved...it no longer sounded like a lawnmower that was about to explode.

Yep, I paid less than half price for my PT--I found a partial original window sticker in the glove box stating that the original price was over $26k!!!!!!!!

Last edited by tandt14; 29 Jun 2009 at 04:10 pm.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 04:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandt14 View Post
We had a Kia Spectra that lost the cat, too. Dealer wanted something like $1400 just for the cat. We took it to a local exhaust shop and he put a universal cat on it for less than $250. Problem solved...it no longer sounded like a lawnmower that was about to explode.

Yep, I paid less than half price for my PT--I found a partial original window sticker in the glove box stating that the original price was over $26k!!!!!!!!
She's taking it to Midas tomorrow... who knows how that will turn out.

As far as sticker prices, this one was 19k... I paid $9400. Cars depreciate enough as it is, I'm not going to lose $3000 once I drive off the lot ever again.