Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hello Cruiser Buddies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jul 2009, 08:05 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Hello Cruiser Buddies.

Well I have used this site before for answers and what-not. So i decided what the heck why not join.

I'm 16. I got my PT on April 3rd 09. I'm so glad my stepdad didn't get me a Prius.
I fell in love with my PT right away. I named him Petey.
I find it ridiculous how my friends make fun of me for driving a PT when it blows the doors off all their pansy civics. I really have no clue why people call them "Gramma Cars". If it is a gramma car, its the beefiest gramma car i've ever seen. Besides a boat of course.

Driver:Alex
Car:Petey
2006 Inferno Red PT Cruiser Touring Signature Series, 38K, 15mpg, Automatic.

Exterior:American Racing Estrella 16s, Toyo Proxes TPT, ROL Xtreme Exaust Tip.
Interior:Bumblebee BobbleHead, 2 6x9s, pioneer ts-g1640r's in doors, Parking Permit for my schoool.
Performance:Custom Air Intake, NGK Platinum plugs, Ceramic Brake Pads, Duralast 7.5mm coil wires, Duralast Performance rotors.
Old 03 Jul 2009, 11:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Hello Cruiser Buddies.

No grandma car, imo. Pretty nice ride for a first car. The usual is a car with just one roll of a wheel keeping it out of the junk yard.

I always thought of them as cars for young peeps just getting their lives together. Pretty solid for sure. Fairly reliable too. Probably the most reliable set of wheels from Chrysler since the 70s. Nothing to let the fart can crowd put you down over. Your just not a lemming. If they want that ricer stuff, let them have it. A guy has got to have his standards. By the way, ours is the red metallic as well, although it's quite a few years older at MY2002.
Old 03 Jul 2009, 03:47 pm
Regular Cruiser

well i have heard that many people like 2004 and under better than the newer Pt's. I have to go wash him today. I was out in the country with my hillbilly friends (4Runner people ) No... I didnt go driving through any mud fields. Even though i wanted to. He just got dirty driving on the gravel roads.

Interior:Bumblebee BobbleHead, 2 6x9s, pioneer ts-g1640r's in doors, Parking Permit for my schoool.
Performance:Custom Air Intake, NGK Platinum plugs, Ceramic Brake Pads, Duralast 7.5mm coil wires, Duralast Performance rotors.
Old 03 Jul 2009, 09:01 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Hello Cruiser Buddies.

Hey their Alex_Clarke,

Welcome to the Forum, and I second that you got a pretty sweet ride for your first car!

Don't let no one give you flack about the PT being a Granny Car! Especially not the older ones! My Granny never had a ride like this for sure!

Again, welcome, and hope to see ya around the Forums!

Go easy, and I'll catch ya laeter.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 04 Jul 2009, 01:12 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

What granny car?

Im 20 and I love my car <3
Old 04 Jul 2009, 08:01 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to fastdel

welcome
as above a pt cruiser is a granny car ? no way lol

you have a very nice pt a wicked 1st car
its no way a granny car much better than a honda lol

Last edited by fastdel; 04 Jul 2009 at 07:19 pm.
Old 04 Jul 2009, 08:12 am
Regular Cruiser

Thank you.

I'm pretty jealous of your PT. Well besides the steering wheel being on the Right side ( catch the pun? lol )
I like the lower chrome grill and the chrome mirrors. I want those. lol

Old 04 Jul 2009, 08:27 am
Regular Cruiser

Congratulations on your new car!
My PT was my first new car as well, back in 2001. I was young also and in the Marine Corps. Imagine how many comments I got from the pickup truck and mustang crowd. Don't worry, the PT is a great car that you can keep for a long time since it is very versatile. I still have mine. I've been through 19 cars but the PT is the only one I still have! It is a little different now, (supercharged), but thats the fun of it! There are a ton of mods out there to keep you busy.
Whipple Supercharger, BTG springs, Tokico shocks/struts, B&M short shifter, chrome GT 17" wheels, darkened tail lights, Chrome Grille, fuel door and vent knobs, painted bumpers, mirrors, airdam and center console, cueball shifter, Polk audio system w/ XM, Magnaflow muffler
Old 04 Jul 2009, 10:05 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Cathy06PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat1USMC View Post
Congratulations on your new car!
My PT was my first new car as well, back in 2001. I was young also and in the Marine Corps. Imagine how many comments I got from the pickup truck and mustang crowd. Don't worry, the PT is a great car that you can keep for a long time since it is very versatile. I still have mine. I've been through 19 cars but the PT is the only one I still have! It is a little different now, (supercharged), but thats the fun of it! There are a ton of mods out there to keep you busy.

I 2nd that, there are tons of things you can do w/ the PT ( even tho i have done nothing to mine lol). Welcome to the Forum.
Old 04 Jul 2009, 10:08 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Cathy06PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Clarke View Post
Well I have used this site before for answers and what-not. So i decided what the heck why not join.

I'm 16. I got my PT on April 3rd 09. I'm so glad my stepdad didn't get me a Prius.
I fell in love with my PT right away. I named him Petey.
I find it ridiculous how my friends make fun of me for driving a PT when it blows the doors off all their pansy civics. I really have no clue why people call them "Gramma Cars". If it is a gramma car, its the beefiest gramma car i've ever seen. Besides a boat of course.

Alex, your friends are just Jealous you got a sweeter car then they do :-)