Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Identify the PT Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jul 2009, 09:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Identify the PT Cruiser

Can someone help me identify this PT Cruiser. The attached photo is not the greatest, but I'm hoping maybe folks more familiar with them than I am can narrow it down for me. Can you tell the year or any distinguishing characteristics from the photo that the average observer would not know? Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT Cruiser2.JPG (25.7 KB, 65 views)
Old 09 Jul 2009, 09:43 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Identify the PT Cruiser

Why do you want this particular PT Cruiser identified?
Old 09 Jul 2009, 09:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

It was possibly used in the commission of a criminal act. I am investigating in hopes of interviewing the person who owns the vehicle to find out if indeed it was a crime or simply a misunderstanding. The photo was taken from a Walmart security camera.
Old 09 Jul 2009, 09:48 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Hard to tell exactly on the car. But it looks like the 01-05 series besides that I cant tell if the bumpers are painted or not.

Really hard to tell >.>
Old 09 Jul 2009, 11:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

I'm pretty sure it had a sunroof and a little spoiler, but as others said, the pic is not very good, have you some others pics from different angles? i.e. if he turned right at the corner we could se the back
Old 10 Jul 2009, 06:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

From what I can make out, it's a custom PT. The tail lights are changed and it looks to have fender skirts covering the rear wheels. It also might have Lake Pipes like mine.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 10 Jul 2009 at 06:33 am.
Old 10 Jul 2009, 07:35 am
Regular Cruiser

Its a little difficult to determine the year. It appears to be an 01-03. The front bumper sticks out farther than later models but, It has later PT taillights not aftermarket. It is black and has a sun visor over the front windshield and a rear spoiler above the back door. It does have fender skirts that almost cover the rear wheels. It looks like it has the lower chrome trim on the bottom of both doors. And the windows are tinted.
Old 10 Jul 2009, 11:12 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Identify the PT Cruiser

Hey Everyone,

Too bad the pic is such poor quality. I tried to make it bigger, and a bit more in focus, but its still really super grainy and bad, but for what its worth, here is an attempt at least.

Looks to me like what the guys are saying. Older body style, moon roof, Cal Cruiser Skirts in back with the chrome accents on the bottom, visor, tinted windows, wing, possible aftermarket tail lights, Chrome door spears, and pretty much a guess but possible stock chrome GT wheels, and possible lake pipes. Paint looks to be dark in color, but unable to tell from the pic what color it is. My guess would be Black, or Dark Blue.

Here is an example of kinda of pretty close to what it should look like with the exception of the white wall tires, and the chrome pillar covers between the front and back windows, and the graphics running down the side. Should give you a good idea of what you are looking for. Too bad the chrome accent on the skirt wasnt more vidible as they tend to be often uniquely done, and may have made it easier to identify if you see it again. Still pretty rare to see a PT with those skirts, decked out as such in dark color running around town. ANyways, here is a pic of pretty much what you are looking for with the exclusion of the parts listed above.

Hope that might help a bit. Best of luck, and I will catch you later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing