Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Maybe my brakes are fixed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Jul 2009, 12:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Maybe my brakes are fixed

At about 65,000 miles I took my 04 GT in for it's first brake job. They put on new front roters and new pads. And then a month later I took it back because the brakes were pulsing. They said the rotors were warped and put new ones at no charge. Went back a month later and the breaks were pulsing again and they put new roters on the frunt along with new calipers and new rotors on the rear with new pads on the rear.
So at 92,000 the brakes were still pulsing and I sure was not going back to that shop again. Went to a shop that had done my timing belt and had a good talk with them. They put on Brembo frunt rodors and Akebono pads (the Akebone pads are made in Elizabethtown, KY). They showed me the differance between the Brembo roters and the ones made in China. WoW the Brembo (made in the USA) were much stronger with a lot more metal in them. Hope this works out. My GT has an "Auto-Stick" trans and I use it all the time. I do not ride the brakes which showes because the first brake job was at 65,000 miles. I think I was just getting crappy parts and being lied to by the service salesman.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 12:45 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Maybe my brakes are fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by white View Post
I think I was just getting crappy parts and being lied to by the service salesman.
Good luck, hopefully they are fixed but don't be surprised that you were lied to by the service salesman. Sounds like that's the only parts they had to sell you so you kept getting the same crappy replacements all the time.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.