Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Key with Built-in fob for 2005 PT?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jul 2009, 04:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Key with Built-in fob for 2005 PT?

I recently lost one of my keys with the remote for keyless entry and want to purchase a new one, is it possible to get a key with the chip that has the built-in remote/fob like the ones for the 2006 cruisers and up?

Dusty Paynts
Old 14 Jul 2009, 09:07 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Key with Built-in fob for 2005 PT?

NO. The key to which will work is the FCC #'s on the back of the remote - as they are specific to model and year, even changing during a year run. Just one number or letter off and the remote will not likely work for your car. I tried one that has a trunk button, even swapping out the case, since the button is on the circuit in my remote - it didn't work.

Take a look on eBay and you'll find the right one for a good price. The dealer wants $75 or so and claim they have to program it. But if you've lost the original, you may have to go to the dealer for programming - they should help you with it.
Old 16 Jan 2011, 06:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

So, is it the 2006 that has the split key fob year? How can I tell which type mine should have? This is the problem I've been having trying to get the right keyless remote for my car. Is there a list of the months that show which type of fob is appropriate?
Old 16 Aug 2011, 11:03 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Jtwheels2007

I just recently tried looking for a key with built in fob. I currently have 1 key, and 2 seperate remotes. plus i was read that to program the key *not sure if they meant the remote part or the key part* you needed two programmed keys. by time i get another key, and turn around and get the key/fob combo, ill end up payin 100 bucks. Not only that but all the listings on ebay were 06+........no 05!