PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Picture question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jul 2009, 11:10 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to fljohnboy
Default Picture question

When creating a new thread or a post how do you put a picture in it? I'm new in here and brain has been fried by the Florida sun so be nice.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 12:58 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Picture question

It's definitely been quite hot down here!

Anyway, to help you out, when you reply to a topic, click the 'Go Advanced' button at the bottom of the 'Quick Reply' box, which will take you to the same page you'll see when you create a new thread.

Along the toolbar, you'll see a button that when you hover over it, says something to the effect of 'Add a Picture'. Click that, and it will ask for a link to a picture.

When you want to post a picture on this site, you must upload it to a host site. I personally use Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket . You register, and from there, you're able to upload photos to the website. When you do so, you will see that each individual picture possesses its own unique web address. Copy this web address and go back to your thread/reply and paste the entire web address into the box. Press 'Ok' and you'll only see a bunch of text in the box, but when you submit your thread/reply, the picture will be there.

It might take a while to get into the habit of doing this, so just know that the 'Preview' button is your friend and will help greatly with setting up a thread or response with pictures prior to actually posting it.

Hope this helps.

Old 17 Jul 2009, 08:08 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to fljohnboy

Thaks for the help. I'll give it a try here.

Old 17 Jul 2009, 08:56 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris15 View Post
When you want to post a picture on this site, you must upload it to a host site. I personally use Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket . You register, and from there, you're able to upload photos to the website. When you do so, you will see that each individual picture possesses its own unique web address. Copy this web address and go back to your thread/reply and paste the entire web address into the box. Press 'Ok' and you'll only see a bunch of text in the box, but when you submit your thread/reply, the picture will be there.
I didn't realize that you could upload photos to Photobucket without first creating an album. Still I think I like having all my photos, the few I have uploaded, in one album where I can find them when I want to delete, add or modify.
2001 LE, Shale Green, Aftermarket Wheels, Shorty Antenna, AirRaid Cold Air Intake, Whelen Talons (amber/white) in front windshield, Whelen Talons (amber) in rear side windows, Tomar RECT25's (amber) and Whelen Slimlighter(amber) in back window. Kenwood TK-880H 45 Watt Mobile Radio, Antenex 3db antenna w/ NMO mount.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0PT%20Cruiser/

Ham: N9PTC
GMRS: WPQS324