Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Driverīs space

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jul 2009, 04:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Driverīs space

Iīm new here and Iīve been looking around the forums to see if there is anything about the driverīs space, but couldnt find anything. So, Iīm 6"8 (204cm), and 235lbs (103kg). Can i drive a pt comfortably? Can you lower the seat?
Old 22 Jul 2009, 04:17 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross
Default Re: Driverīs space

I cant lower my seat not sure bout others.

Im 5'10" and I can see fine...
Old 22 Jul 2009, 05:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Go to a dealer and sit in one.
1) Sunroof steals some headroom.
2) If you like to lay back and drive, there will be no problem.
3) the power seat was designed for dwarfs - it goes up ridiculously high, but doesn't go down much.
I repeat - take a trip to a dealer....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 Jul 2009, 06:06 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Driverīs space

Hey their chriller,

Welcome to the Forum. One of my best friends who does most of my custom metal fabrication and suspension work is right at 7.0 feet tall / 390 LBS, solid as a truck, and fits in mine. Yeah, they make em pretty big back in my hometown farming community. What he does is lay the seat back a bit and all is well. Probably not the greatest for room as far as passengers in the back seat are concerned by doing it that way, but definitely doable.

An if you would really like to work out the kinks in a system, I am willing to bet my friend Steve would be willing to custom fab a new set of brackets which could set the seat lower, and possibly go farther back if need be.

So one way of another we can figure out a way to make a PT to fit you anytime! Where there is a will, there is a way!

Go easy, and I hope to maybe see you around the Forums one of these days soon.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 22 Jul 2009, 08:00 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Go to a dealer and sit in one.
I'll have to recommend the same. I'm 6'5" and I'm comfortable in mine, even on 7+ hour roadtrips.
2002 PT Cruiser
N/A 2.4L/5-speed
Modifications: Boogers, Maddog 80% STS, Auto throttle body, Airbox modifications, Eibach Pro springs, Energy Suspension control arm bushings & motor mount inserts, disabled balance shafts.
1989 Caprice Wagon
307/auto
Modifications: Lowered 2" front and rear, flat black paint, emblems and trim removed and filled, pinstriping, big 'n little tires.
Old 22 Jul 2009, 10:13 am
Cool Cruiser

There's is something wrong with mine then. Or maybe it's with me.

'Cause I'm "only" 5'10" (ok...5'9ū") and even if It's a nice fit for me, I can't imagine someone with 7 more inches fitting in there.

My main concern isn't really about the roof height but about the windshield top edge.

When I'm stoped at a red light, I can't see the light without going into some contortion.

OK...I'm driving with the seat in a very straight position but the seat height adjustment is all way down. Like QuickSilverDon said, it goes ridiculously high but doesn't down so much.
Old 22 Jul 2009, 03:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
When I'm stoped at a red light, I can't see the light without going into some contortion.
When I have that problem, I just pull up a bit and look at the light through my moon roof.
2001 LE, Shale Green, Aftermarket Wheels, Shorty Antenna, AirRaid Cold Air Intake, Whelen Talons (amber/white) in front windshield, Whelen Talons (amber) in rear side windows, Tomar RECT25's (amber) and Whelen Slimlighter(amber) in back window. Kenwood TK-880H 45 Watt Mobile Radio, Antenex 3db antenna w/ NMO mount.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0PT%20Cruiser/

Ham: N9PTC
GMRS: WPQS324
Old 22 Jul 2009, 04:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post

There's is something wrong with mine then. Or maybe it's with me.

'Cause I'm "only" 5'10" (ok...5'9ū") and even if It's a nice fit for me, I can't imagine someone with 7 more inches fitting in there.

My main concern isn't really about the roof height but about the windshield top edge.

OK...I'm driving with the seat in a very straight position but the seat height adjustment is all way down. Like QuickSilverDon said, it goes ridiculously high but doesn't down so much.
My seat is only slightly reclined from straight up. Too far back or too straight and my back gives me problems. I do have problems with the lights here too since we've got those stupid cable-mounted lights so I just stop wherever I can see the lights without needing to slump over the steering wheel like a drunk to see them.

Really the only thing I can complain about for comfort is shoulder room. Driving normally and my left shoulder is resting on or close to the "B" pillar.
2002 PT Cruiser
N/A 2.4L/5-speed
Modifications: Boogers, Maddog 80% STS, Auto throttle body, Airbox modifications, Eibach Pro springs, Energy Suspension control arm bushings & motor mount inserts, disabled balance shafts.
1989 Caprice Wagon
307/auto
Modifications: Lowered 2" front and rear, flat black paint, emblems and trim removed and filled, pinstriping, big 'n little tires.
Old 22 Jul 2009, 06:05 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

When I had my cruiser I was 6'6" and I fit more than comfortably in it. Have the seat all the way back, down and slightly reclined backwards and you should be fine.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!