Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Atlanta Newbie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jul 2009, 09:22 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Atlanta Newbie

I'm new to the PT Cruiser Forum, I bought my 2005 PT Cruiser a week ago, so I am new to the PT Cruiser scene. I have been a gear head all of my life and owned and driven an 89 and an 01 Vette throughout an ownership period that spans almost 20 years. I have belonged to several clubs over that period of time. I sold my Vette about 2 years ago. My driveway has seemed empty every since.

My cruiser is a very enjoyable ride, it's not a Vette, but it is a very economical and eye catching car. I've ordered a new set of floormats and a front license plate frame from the stealership (the holes were already in the front bumper, so they have to be covered up).

I am enjoying the forum and soaking up all of the information I can. You guys are doing a great job, keep up the good work. I recognize the moderator from Covette Forum.

Last edited by atlctuzr; 29 Jul 2009 at 10:24 am.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 09:36 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Atlanta Newbie

Hello,
I'm Karen in California, just wanted to say your car looks great. I just love the
red convertibles. Have fun in your spiffy new little ride
Old 29 Jul 2009, 09:44 am
Cool Cruiser

Welcome from Augusta. Our son is at GT, so we visit a few times a year.
I took my front plate holder off, looks better without it and we don't have a front tag requirement here. The holes are ugly, but what do you do? You might check eBay for any other needed/wanted items.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 10:22 am
Regular Cruiser

Gald to hear your son is at GT, I've done a lot of continuing education at GT.

Last edited by atlctuzr; 29 Jul 2009 at 10:35 am.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 12:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Welcome from Carrollton Ga. Just west of you. My wife has a 05 so I have to learn all about it or get ripped by the stealership.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 12:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Never underestimate a red vert
Old 29 Jul 2009, 02:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by garner49 View Post
I took my front plate holder off, looks better without it and we don't have a front tag requirement here. The holes are ugly, but what do you do? You might check eBay for any other needed/wanted items.
Yeah it really ticks me off when dealerships put front plates on vehicles in a state that doesn't require them... I'll be damned though if I am going to give them their free advertisement.

I took mine off thinking there would be 2 holes that I could simply fill with color matched plugs... instead I discovered SIX unaligned holes, 4 of which were thru the bumper by some jackass who didn't know what he was doing.

So, I went out and got a Braves plate and put it on the front... it's white with some dark on it and goes really well with the car... certainly better than me plugging 6 holes or having bodywork done.

Old 30 Jul 2009, 11:07 am
Regular Cruiser

Brave's Plate ? an excellent choice! My mats and front plate holder were delivered yesterday by the brown truck. I Installed them last night, now to find me a cool plate for it.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 11:15 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlctuzr View Post
Brave's Plate ? an excellent choice! My mats and front plate holder were delivered yesterday by the brown truck. I Installed them last night, now to find me a cool plate for it.
This the plate I got.

Atlanta Braves #1 Fan License Plate

As mentioned the white and dark plate goes real well with the Vanilla paint and my tint.

Last edited by Travis2k7; 30 Jul 2009 at 11:25 am.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 11:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

altctuzr,

Welcome to the forum. Yes, it's me. I use the same username on all the forums. Welcome to the world of the PT. Some of the Vette owners talk down of the PT but when I see it I always add my $.02 to the thread. It's a great little car and makes a heck of a great Daily Driver and good for long hauls too.

Any question you have feel free to ask. A lot of good knowledgeable and friendly people here although sometimes it gets out of hand with a disagreement on points of view.

Enjoy the ride.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.