Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New Cruiser owner, dumb question :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Aug 2009, 08:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default New Cruiser owner, dumb question :)

So, wife and I just bought a used PT Cruiser Touring, 2007 model. Very nice car, excepting the somewhat slow acceleration. However, we do have an issue...

Every time we try to open the back hatch with a key without first unlocking it, the alarm goes off. This is rather annoying, especially since we only have one keyless entry fob at the moment. Is there a way to turn this "feature" off? The owners' manual didn't seem to say anything about it. As far as I am aware, this is the alarm that comes straight from Chrysler at the factory.
Old 03 Aug 2009, 08:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross
Default Re: New Cruiser owner, dumb question :)

Well same thing happens to me. Using the key seems to be pointless as it always sets the alarm off haha

It also happens with the drivers door
Old 03 Aug 2009, 10:09 pm
Young Cruiser

Same thing here with my 2007,but i just hit the unlock button on the key twice and then open up the trunk.
Old 04 Aug 2009, 12:10 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to YoungCruiserrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkstooth View Post
Same thing here with my 2007,but i just hit the unlock button on the key twice and then open up the trunk.
same, I actually never used the key to open, I'm gonna have to try. Do all the vehicles come with alarm? when my car is locked and I try to open I don't think anything happens?

Old 04 Aug 2009, 11:29 am
Regular Cruiser

See if this works---Open drivers door with the key,unlock rest of the doors with the lock/unlock switch on the drivers door..Good Luck

YES ! That is a Ron Paul for President Sticker..

Growing OLD is Natural - Growing UP is Optional It's NEVER too late to have a Happy Childhood

Ed Sidders , Lake-O The-Pines , Northeast Texas
Old 04 Aug 2009, 11:42 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkstooth View Post

You can also program the key fob to unlock all doors with a single unlock button push.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 04 Aug 2009, 03:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

You might try giving it two quick twists when unlocking. I don't know if it will work or not for sure. I know on my 2001, I was having problems with the alarm going off when I'd unlock the front door with the key. I figured out that one twist unlocked the drivers door with second twist unlocking all of the doors, including the back hatch. Doing that, I've never had the alarm trip.
2001 LE, Shale Green, Aftermarket Wheels, Shorty Antenna, AirRaid Cold Air Intake, Whelen Talons (amber/white) in front windshield, Whelen Talons (amber) in rear side windows, Tomar RECT25's (amber) and Whelen Slimlighter(amber) in back window. Kenwood TK-880H 45 Watt Mobile Radio, Antenex 3db antenna w/ NMO mount.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0PT%20Cruiser/

Ham: N9PTC
GMRS: WPQS324