Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Personalizing Dash Info?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Aug 2009, 11:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default EVIC Stuck in Metric?

My Cruiser seems to be stuck on metric dashboard info. Isn't there a way to change it to Miles, from Kilometers? When I pushbutton through the features, I get no "Personalization" option, as the Owner's Manual says should be there. Are there models that do not have this option? If not, why can't I get it to show, and how do I get into English mode?

Last edited by MassCruiser; 08 Aug 2009 at 11:59 am.
Old 08 Aug 2009, 11:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Personalizing Dash Info?

Isn't there anyone who knows if their car's EVIC is in English measurement????
Old 09 Aug 2009, 07:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Seeing that you are in Mass. is it possible that it is a Canadian built PT? In my 2008 I have a choice of Metric or English, I can change it by using the button to the right of the gage pod. You have to keep clicking the button.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 09 Aug 2009, 08:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for finally giving me some kind of answer, Hooligan! According to what I've read here, my car was built in Mexico (VIN starting with "3"), so I don't know why I can't find the personalization menu? I've clicked the EVIC button about a thousand times, and there's nothing but metric displays.
I can't think in metric, so it's all of no use to me, other than telling me which direction I'm pointed!
Oh, I just noticed you said the button , to the RIGHT? I thought all that did was change the trip odometer?

Last edited by MassCruiser; 09 Aug 2009 at 08:29 am.
Old 09 Aug 2009, 08:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassCruiser View Post
Thanks for finally giving me some kind of answer, Hooligan!
Oh, I just noticed you said the button , to the RIGHT? I thought all that did was change the trip odometer?
MassCruiser.

You came on the forum right after midnight and then get belligerent when nobody is here to answer your question. Then apparently you skip over Hooligan's answer so fast that you mis-read it.

Those of us that try to help owners aren't on the forums 24 hours a day to your beck and call. A little patience for a response and a thank you to Hooligan for helping you out would go a long way for the next time you need help.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Aug 2009, 09:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

I wasn't being beligerant, at all.
As for misreading Hooligan's response, I caught that inside of a minute.....so where's the harm in that???
I believe I did thank him, first thing.
Old 09 Aug 2009, 09:31 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassCruiser View Post
I wasn't being beligerant, at all.
As for misreading Hooligan's response, I caught that inside of a minute.....so where's the harm in that???
I believe I did thank him, first thing.

When you read the "finally" with "thanks" with the whole tone of the sentence you can only take it the wrong way when reading it especially when it's after a second post questioning why there's nobody around in the middle of the night with an answer.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Aug 2009, 10:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

Not to be argumentative......but you did read the wrong thing into what I said. To put things in proper perspective, it had been over 30 hrs since I posted the topic, and 20 to 30 people had already viewed the post, with no replies, when I posted the second time.
I have plenty of patience, and I'll even exhibit it with you.
Old 09 Aug 2009, 11:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Why thank you but no matter how many people looked at your posting, it doesn't mean to say they know the answer to your question. In fact I think I remember looking at your post before retiring last night and I do a lot of answers here but since you had one of the newer cruisers (06-09 not like most of the people on this forum) I knew nothing of the information feature. They aren't on the 00-05 cruisers.

If you look through all of the posting, there's quite a few that never get answered. More so on other PT forums as this one is quite active and lots of friendly, knowledgeable people that are willing to try and help.

Anyway, you received your answer "finally", thanks to Hooligan. Have a nice one.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 09 Aug 2009 at 12:02 pm.
Old 09 Aug 2009, 01:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

the button to the right of the gage pod.

I guess I could have said "to the right of the LEFT gage pod"

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar