PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Just Cleaned her :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Aug 2009, 10:13 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to YoungCruiserrr
Default Just Cleaned her :)

Big show tmrw, first actual show I'll partake in this summer wish they had more shows around here, and I wasn't busy for all the ones they do have! Anyhow Here are two shots of the back. May be blurry since it's camera phone, but also got a picture of the new purple cold cathodes! Not to forget my new EXTINGUISHER!

sorry for thumbnails

Just trying to capture the shine one the two rear photos! It was after a long seven hours of cleaning inside and out, and also a coat of 3m Hand Glaze

Last edited by YoungCruiserrr; 08 Aug 2009 at 10:17 pm.
Old 08 Aug 2009, 11:04 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Just Cleaned her :)

Hey their YoungCruiserrr,

Looking waiting really good! Always love that high gloss shine!!! What are you using on her? I was going to say, if you don't already, if you use a good Glaze before you wax, you can really make those colors much more vibrant, and big time pop more than just using a wax, and then if you want to add even more gloss to your paint, after you glaze, then use a good pure Carnuba Wax, and then follow up with a good Paint Sealant right over the top, and you will max out the shine big time!

Anyways, cool cathodes, and extinguisher! Keep up the good work on her, keep her clean, and I'll catch ya later on.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 09 Aug 2009, 07:07 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Just Cleaned her :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post

Looking waiting really good! Always love that high gloss shine!!! What are you using on her? I was going to say, if you don't already, if you use a good Glaze before you wax, you can really make those colors much more vibrant, and big time pop more than just using a wax, and then if you want to add even more gloss to your paint, after you glaze, then use a good pure Carnuba Wax, and then follow up with a good Paint Sealant right over the top, and you will max out the shine big time!

Anyways, cool cathodes, and extinguisher! Keep up the good work on her, keep her clean, and I'll catch ya later on.

Candyman
I been using what my painter showed me to do for shows. here is what it looks like. . Just been washing it with soap and water, then using this stuff. but thanks! Would it be good to wax it after I glaze it to try and like protect the glaze? The glaze comes right off with soap and water I'm told. Anyhow I'll Have pictures of the show tonight hopefully!

Last edited by YoungCruiserrr; 09 Aug 2009 at 07:13 am.
Old 09 Aug 2009, 01:02 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Smile Re: Just Cleaned her :)

That is a good choice for Glaze. Glaze contains oils, and paint nutrients that revitalize, and nourish the paint pigment which makes the color much more rich, and vibrant. That is really what makes those colors on your ride pop so much after you apply it.

And the answer to your question, yep. Glaze is just intended to add the oils, and nutrients to the paint, and if left unprotected will dissipate in a matter of days, if not hours wasting all the hard work it is to put the stuff on in the first place. So, always Glaze, and then Wax right over the top of that so you get the deep rich color, and add the much needed protection over that. Or for even more depth and gloss, you can Glaze, then Wax, then apply a good Paint Sealant, and max out the gloss even more to really crate a Show Finish.

Always remember the two things you want to see in a good finish are,

1. The less scratches, the higher the gloss. If you look at your paint in the sun, or better yet under a florescent light, look closely and see if you either see almost a spider web look of surface scratches, or "Swirls", and/or other small scratches in the paint. All the scratches are what keeps the gloss down. This is where either a fine cut compound, mild scratch remover like Meguiar's Scratch X, or 3M Perfect It 2 Finishing Material comes in to play and helps hide the swirls, and light micro scratching. Then you can follow up with the Glaze, and then Wax to protect.

2. You want to keep the Paint ultra smooth to the touch. Paint usually takes a real beating especially around freeways, or busy roadways where there are a lot of cars around. What happens is, when other cars on the road hit their brakes, they expel brake dust "hot particles from their brake pads" which get all over your paint. If you take a ziplock bag, put your hand in it, and feel your finish, if your paint feels rough you have brake dust, or other related contaminants on your paint surface. That will also decrease gloss, and can harm your paint over time especially if your in an area known for snow and ice, or a good amoun of rain annually as the brake dust contains metal particles which can easily rust on the paint destroying the finish! If you do have contaminant, then you want to use a Clay Bar, the Compound, or Scratch Remover, then Glaze, and Wax.

Here is that Link to my Guide which walks you through each step in good detail.

PT Automotive Detailing Guide Quick Reference

Go easy, and as always, if you run into trouble, or need any advice, I am always here, and happy to help.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Old 09 Aug 2009, 09:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Thanks for the help! So here is my story. We leave the house around 9, registration already started for the show. I'm driving a little fast trying to get there in a hurry, to get good spot. So my dad tells me to slow down, and I was just so anxious to get there! When we got there (30min drive) I got the number "272" at 9:30 already 100 some cars have showed up to the park. The people passing out the numbers really liked the car and a lot of looks entering =P As I drove around to find another PT like always I couldn't find one except for one not participating in the show. So anyhow I backed in front of him with a Malibu and Galaxie 500 on the sides of me. The Blue PT with a woodie kit just parking behind me. Most were classics antiques muscle cars drag cars and just really nice EXPENSIVE CARS! So after walking around I figured WOW! this is really nice show, no way in hell am I competing with these Baricuda's Vette's Bel air's Malibu's Ford Trucks, and just all these cars. I got a lot of looks at the cars, some good, some bad. During the end of the day near judging the guy with the PT behind me told me how he was part of the sponsoring club and how much he really liked my PT. Left for 30 mins or so then I was in my car getting something, looking like I was ready to leave he asks me if I was leaving, and I replied "no just getting stuff ready" then he goes on and tells me good because you won best in show. My first reaction was "your just joking right?" followed along with "Don't mess with me!" and he laughed and said the judges picked my car as "Best in Show" I was absolutely shocked with just a little over 500! So they called the numbers on the speaker in 5 mins and I was last to get my trophie and it was all worth it! the Saturday 7-8 hours cleaning! Here is a few pictures to show, all of my car, didn't have camera until most cars left =X so not any of other cars. Sorry!

1st show was last year, interior wasn't done along with few others. I got 3rd place for "Best Paint"

2nd Show was this one, and received "Best in Show"

Can't complain with them two =P!!

BTW this is first time I'm posting pictures of me with car !!

Here is link to Album! Let me know if the links works!
Cedar Creek Car Show pictures by 7payne7 - Photobucket

Old 09 Aug 2009, 10:24 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Congrats man!

Ive only won at two shows myself but nothing that good
Old 10 Aug 2009, 12:16 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Talking Re: Just Cleaned her :)

Way to go man! That is way too cool!

Candyman

Old 10 Aug 2009, 01:04 am
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Just Cleaned her :)

Sick, man!!!

Old 10 Aug 2009, 09:37 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Thanks guys, I was so surprised the little PT took it all, I wasn't planning on walking away with an honorable mention with all the other cars there!

Old 10 Aug 2009, 01:37 pm
Young Cruiser

Very Cool