PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Window Mirror Issue Window won't go up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Aug 2009, 11:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Window Mirror Issue Window won't go up

I have a 2009 PT Cruiser. I have less than 500 miles on it. However, I have an issue with the driver side window. Basically, about the 3rd time I tried to power up the window it got stuck about 1/2 way up. I noticed that the molding on the mirror was ripped and stuck in the track for the window. I took it in and they said the bolt was replaced on the regulator and that the mirror was replaced to get the molding fixed. Anyway I tried powering the window up and down a few time at the dealer service area and all was fine. I got home and--you guessed it--when I tried to power up the window it got stuck about 1/2 way up. It doesn't appear that the regulator is the issue it seems that the window simply pushes the molding off the mirror and the displaced molding gets stuck in the channel for the window hence causing it to stick. I tried re attaching the mirror molding but the window simply digs into it and pulls it off the mirror and into the window channel. I plan to take back to the dealer this week. Has anyone seen this problem or have any ideas about how to resolve? Thanks.
Old 09 Aug 2009, 11:59 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Window Mirror Issue Window won't go up

Welcome to the forum. Why not take it to the dealer or any dealer since it's so new. Anything you touch or have someone else touch will either void your warranty or cost you money.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Old 09 Aug 2009, 01:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Window Mirror Issue Window won't go up

It sounds to me that the window molding is to short and when the window is down it manages to allow the window to drop below the end. When you start to raise the window it comes up to one side of the molding jamming it. You may have to wait while a new molding is ordered.

Make that suggestion to the mechanic, not to the service writer as normally the SW won't put that on the order.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar