Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
More mods done!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Aug 2009, 06:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default More mods done!

I got the uConnect Bluetooth kit installed. Very easy install and it worked right off the bat. The instruction say that it needs to be coded to the vehicle, but it seems to work, unless there's some functionality I'm missing.

I also got the Mopar 80W subwoofer installed and did some insulating in and around the rear hatch. That's cut down the drone from the CalCruiser dual exhaust quite a bit.

While I had the rear trim off, I added a set of 5x8" speakers in the D-Pillars and wired them to the speaker leads going to the subwoofer. Again, very simple install once all the trim is off. I still need to figure out what to do with the D-Pillar plastic trim pieces to let the sound through.

Replaced the rear door speakers with 6.5" 4-ways I had laying around and put a set of 3.5" 2-ways in the dash. Hardest part of all of that was identifying the right wires on the 22 pn radio harness to T-Tap into.

Installed the fog light kit. The car was pre-wired for them, so I just had to installed the lights and trim, and change out the multi-function switch. They don't work yet, since I have to have them coded at the dealer.

Lastly, I installed the cabin air filter, which after I got it, I found that I really just need to buy a filter element, as the box was already there.

I won't be working on the PT for a couple weeks now. I'm taking my Li'l Red Express truck in to the paint shop for fresh paint and I've got to get the bed floor and side trim wood sanded and refinished while it's being painted. Think 15 pieces of red oak, sanded to a baby skin smooth, then coated with 5 or 6 coats of High Gloss Marine Spar Urethane, hand rubbed between each coat. My arms are tired just thinking about all that sanding. If I get her all back together in time, she'll be on display the last day of the California State Fair in Sacramento.
1974 Plymouth Duster Slant 6
1979 Dodge Lil' Red Express 360 4bbl
1990 Dodge W350 4x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel 5 speed
2001 BMW 750iL V12
2009 PT Cruiser 5 speed
Old 13 Aug 2009, 07:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross
Default Re: More mods done!

Fog activation will run you 100-120$

I did mine a couple months back
Old 14 Aug 2009, 12:49 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: More mods done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerdarkcross View Post
Fog activation will run you 100-120$

I did mine a couple months back
Ouch! The dealer you go to is ruthless.

Since I bought it new, I'm gonna talk to the lady who sold it to me and see if she'll sweet talk their service department into doing for me. If not, a member of my car club works in parts a local Dodge dealership and he'll probably know someone who'll do it on the sly. Failing that, I'll wait until there's a TSB I need and get them to do it then.
1974 Plymouth Duster Slant 6
1979 Dodge Lil' Red Express 360 4bbl
1990 Dodge W350 4x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel 5 speed
2001 BMW 750iL V12
2009 PT Cruiser 5 speed