PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Santa Got a new "Sleigh"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Aug 2009, 07:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Santa Got a new "Sleigh"

Hi everybody,

My name is Jac and I am a Professional Santa Claus. I have loved the Cruiser since it was introduced. My wife, on the other hand did not. I even had the pleasure of having a '01 as a company car for a while back in '02.

Since it would be my car anyway, I could have bought one BUT I'm a convertible guy. At the time I had a 1996 Mustang and I was not about to give up my ragtop for a 4 door.

Chrysler fixed that in 2005 just when I hit dry wallet syndrome. I really wasn't sure I liked the PT 'vert at first because of the roll bar. I thought it took away from the smooth lines. Then last summer at Santa School I met Santa Paul from Northern Virgina who had a '05 Touring Edition dark red with a tan top. His tag said Kringle and he had a North Pole sticker on the deck lid. I thought to myself, I gotta get me one of them!

Well after looking and giving up and looking and giving up I decided I'd wait until November and start looking again. All the Cruisers I looked at were '05s and '06s and had between 30,000 and 70,000 miles. Just when I finally gave up hope of finding a nice red one, I stumbled onto a '06 Touring Edition non-turbo dark red with a black top and gray interior with, are you ready for this, 4400 miles on it. Apparently the previous owner bought it new and put it in the garage. It is perfect. No scratches, no weathering, no dings, in other words, brand new.

I didn't think I'd like the black top but somehow it looks more "sleigh like" than a tan one. And I love the gray interior.

Oh and by the way Liz, the wife that was not sure about a Cruiser, has taken it to Atlanta for a business trip.

For those interested, photos are here through Sept 12. 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Pictures and Photo Gallery at CarMax.com

So now you can tell the grandkids, nieces,and nephews and even grown people that you "know" Santa has a ground sleigh and that it's a PT Cruiser.

Good to be here.
Santa Jac Grimes
Santa Claus is coming to town!
Old 21 Aug 2009, 08:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross
Default Re: Santa Got a new "Sleigh"

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your new sleigh!

I know another Santa who drives an Dream Cruiser 2 series
Old 21 Aug 2009, 08:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hey Jac, welcome to the forums. A bunch of us have participated in the Jamestown Christmas parade for the past 4-5 years. Hopefully you can join us this year.

Frank
Old 21 Aug 2009, 11:45 pm
Cool Cruiser

Frank,

Thanks for the invite. I usually watch the Jamestown Parade from the steps of the Old School because another Santa is in the parade. (Professional courtesy.) Mrs. Claus may join you however.

Let me know next time you meet.

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 22 Aug 2009, 05:12 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Talking Re: Santa Got a new "Sleigh"

Hey their Santa,

First off, I promise I have been extra, extra good this year so any PT Presents ya wanna send my way.... I will be sure to have some really good home made Chocolate Chip Cookies and warm milk waiting for ya!

Congrat's on finding your new Sleigh! Sounds like you really uncovered a great find, and I hope she keeps you Cruising for man, many miles of smiles!

I actually got little Holiday compilation of pic's that I put together right quick for ya made up of some pic's from the "Holiday Section" of my PT Photo Archive of photo's I found of PT's while cruising around the net. The original Pic's are in my Archive which has a Link at the bottom of this Post. If possible, somewhere down the line, could you please shoot me over some more photo's of you, and your Sleigh once the Seasons come around so I may add them to my ever growing Archive please? If so it would be bug time appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum Jac! You go easy, don't work those Elves too hard and I hope to see you around.the Forums!

Take er easy.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 22 Aug 2009 at 06:29 am.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 08:27 am
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Candyman, Since my new "sleigh" is a PT look in your stocking for some extra Cruiser goodies. (Ho Ho Ho)

I saw the Cruiser in the top left photo in 2006 in Branson, MO during the Santa Convention. It is a little over the top for my tastes. Santa decorations on mine will be a trifle more subtle. I have a personalized plate ordered that says "SLEIGH" and a NP (North Pole) sticker on the deck lid. I'll post photos when the plates are in.

Thanks to everyone for the great welcome and remember to be good. You only have 125 days 'til Christmas.

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 22 Aug 2009, 09:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

What about us Jewish guys, Santa?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 10:48 am
Cool Cruiser

Crewzin,

While many Santas are deeply committed to the Christian Faith, I am not. Being a Unitarian Universalist I'm more of a secular Santa. I'll bring you some PT goodies during Hanukkah if you'd like, or just light a candle for you.

Old 22 Aug 2009, 10:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaGuy View Post
Crewzin,

I'll bring you some PT goodies during Hanukkah if you'd like, or just light a candle for you.
A candle will do nicely Santa since I'm not sure if I believe your real. I'll just leave a little list with my son and wife. Besides, I think I have all the PT goodies I need. I've got my eye on a couple of Corvette accessories that I've seen in the latest catalog. Just in case, I'll leave a glass of milk and Oreo's out for you so if you don't show up ....I love Oreo's.

By the way, to the forum and congrats on your PT purchase.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 01:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Crewzin,

I know Jac is real. I still workin' on that Santa thing myself.

Thanks for the welcome.