Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New no food or DRINK sign installed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2009, 02:02 am
Regular Cruiser

Default New no food or DRINK sign installed

Yup. As of today its official. There is no longer food or drink allowed in Petey.
Wanna know why?
Myself and two friends were cruising around just having a good old time.
One friend in front one in back. We got a call from a friend saying to come to their house for a bonfire and to bring beverages for ourselves.
We thought oh cool party time. So we all go in and my co-pilot and I get bottled soda and the rear passenger grabs a Arizona canned Tea. I didn't think anything of it at first. we pay for everything the get back in Petey. I hear my rear passenger open his tea. and I turn around and say you better be really careful with that. and open the rear cup-holder for him. I turn onto the road and off we go. We get behind a clunker, who seams like he is lost, they speed up a little then all of a sudden slam on the brakes. So I do as any driver would and brake as much as I needed to, when I hear one of the worst sounds I've ever heard coming from my car besides the bad rotors. I hear a crunch of aluminium and then a sloshing noise. Guess where my passenger was keeping the can?
not in the cup holder of course. it was sitting between his knees. Not being held or anything just sitting there! Argh. I thought he could be more mature then a 4 year old and use the cup holder but I guess not. I mean the cup holder may not have helped all that much. but at least it would have been being contained a little. Tea ended up getting all over the rear passenger floor. and just my luck the day before I took out the floor mats to shampoo them and they were on my front porch drying. So now my car smells like strawberry-Kiwi. which for some reason I cant stand The smell.
Luckily though I had just put a supply of paper towels in the glove compartment. so the damage wasn't too bad. but I won't know until tomorrow because it was dark outside.
Jeez I kind of wrote a book there. But I'm putting up a sign in the morning in the back that says No food or drink unless accompanied by an adult. lol

Driver:Alex
Car:Petey
2006 Inferno Red PT Cruiser Touring Signature Series, 38K, 15mpg, Automatic.

Exterior:American Racing Estrella 16s, Toyo Proxes TPT, ROL Xtreme Exaust Tip.
Interior:Bumblebee BobbleHead, 2 6x9s, pioneer ts-g1640r's in doors, Parking Permit for my schoool.
Performance:Custom Air Intake, NGK Platinum plugs, Ceramic Brake Pads, Duralast 7.5mm coil wires, Duralast Performance rotors.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 10:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: New no food or DRINK sign installed

And Peety probably has cloth seats too, right!
Grandchildren did a job on soonercruiser early on.
After that, "No Drinks & Food" sign went up here too!
I still have enough problems with even water spots - last time it was the wiffie! (Of course I didn't say much!)

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 23 Aug 2009, 08:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New no food or DRINK sign installed

I had a can of Scotch Guard waiting for the 2008 to come home. I used it because the 2006 cloth seats were a bit-- to keep the spots off of, they were terrible as it seems like when a waterspot got on there you had to wet the whole seat to make it match. Terrible material to put on a seat.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 15 Sep 2009, 10:09 pm
Regular Cruiser

yeah I have a water spot in the middle I figured shampoo might work but it just made it worse.

Interior:Bumblebee BobbleHead, 2 6x9s, pioneer ts-g1640r's in doors, Parking Permit for my schoool.
Performance:Custom Air Intake, NGK Platinum plugs, Ceramic Brake Pads, Duralast 7.5mm coil wires, Duralast Performance rotors.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 10:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

WOOOOOW! You sound just like me! I can't stand for folks to eat and drink in my car, and they always think I'm overacting. However, I don't want to hear anything come out of their mouths again, after what happened last weekend.

I'm taking my cousins to the bus stop so that they could go back home and one of them "discovers" a huge area of wetness under his bag....I turned around (the bag was sitting on my rear seat) and saw a huge wet spot covering my entire seat.

Now mind you, I have cream and black neoprene seat covers..so any stain will be evident on the cream.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/galler...52/ppuser/7605

So now they looking at each other like "wuuuut happpened?" . I jump out of my car, go to the back seat and feel "the wetness"...why oh why was it sticky and it smelled like a soft drink

So my cousin, that always leaves crumbs in my seats, is at the front and is like..."that's not mine this time!" He starts pulling his clothes out of his bag to show that nothing spilled out of it onto my seats. My other cousin is sitting in the back looking like he doesn't know what went down. Apparently it was his bottle that must've had a crack in it or something...and the drink was A & W root beer.

I hurriedly took off my seat cover, threw it in the back and waited til I got home to wash it. Those seat covers are awesome b/c only a small spot was able to soak thru to my seats, but that entire cover was soaked. It cleaned up really nice tho'.

I don't have kids and my cousins are just as messy as toddlers... I thought i alleviated this problem by not having any...i guess not.

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg

Last edited by Teekypt; 15 Sep 2009 at 10:36 pm.
Old 20 Sep 2009, 10:31 pm
Regular Cruiser

Sad. I feel fr your PT. All my friends think Im way too anal about my car. and the truth is i am. lol
None of my friends have nice cars so they don't understand what its like I guess. All my friends want to ride in my car and they always want to bring their Arizona Ice-Tea. which is canned and spills. lol. Thats why I only drink MT. Dew out of a bottle. and always use my cup holders. nothing ever gets pt on the seats.