PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New Owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2009, 07:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default New Owner

Hi,

I just picked up my 2007 Touring yesterday, I have to say I am so happy to get this car, have wanted one forever, and can't believe how much fun they are to drive!
However I am alittle concerned reading all the post on problems have with them, are they really such a problem?

Also I am curious how they are winter driving, I am in the Toronto area, so have at times pretty bad winters....i understand they are on the neon base, and for me that was one of the best winter driving cars I have had! So any info would be appreciated.
Are there any PT groups in the GTA area?
Old 22 Aug 2009, 08:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to YoungCruiserrr
Default Re: New Owner

I look at it like this, if you take good routine maintenance to your car and not beat it, or drive recklessly you shouldn't have that big of problems, every car has a few problems here and there.

Old 22 Aug 2009, 10:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome.
Fact is that people usually post when they have problems, so that what's you see, their problems.
The PT isn't bad in snow, the Good-for-a-Year tires are not so good - I found the Michelin HydroEdge tires I got were much better.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 Aug 2009, 11:10 pm
Young Cruiser

My POS spent last winter in the Chicago suburbs, which had one of the worst winters since who knows when, and I had no problem. Of course, it is as flat as a pancake there. Also, had brand new Michelin tires from Costco, which ones, I forgot. Back when the previous owner owned it, we would take it skiing up in the Washington Cascades, and it could handle snow on the hills just fine.

So one of the few things it is good for appears to be snow.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 08:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum, enjoy your PT and know we are here if you have problems. Some of us have experienced any problems that you MAY have and answer your questions.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 23 Aug 2009, 03:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks all for the response!
I feel better now!

Today was the first proper day of tooling around in it, and I do have to say that I love it! My last car was a Saturn SC1 nice looking car but not so good to drive, i love being up higher and not feeling every bump in the road!
It is so easy to drive! love it!!
Old 23 Aug 2009, 06:06 pm
Young Cruiser

Welcome to the board. I'm lovin my 07 and I know you'll love yours too.

Old 23 Aug 2009, 07:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I beat the living snot out of my PT and she's been oh so good to me. I had 28k miles on her in the first 9 months, so I do a LOT of driving. Add to it, I take it to the drag strips, or did until I burned the clutch, as often as possible. Soon as I get a new clutch I'll be going back to the tracks. Knowing that I beat on it, thrash it, drive it way over the speed limit, basically I drive like I just stole the darn thing, and yet the only problem I've had, other than smoking the clutch, is a rear tail light fail and that was on an aftermarket set of lights, and a multifunction switch fail, and that's because I put too much of a load on it!!

So, 34k miles now, 3.5 hours total on the dyno thrashing her, custom tune pumping out way too much torque, lowering it, and basically having the time of my life in it, and it's never stranded me.

Someone once said that for every dissatisified person posting on the internet, there are 100 to 1000 satisified people who just don't say so. The PT has a cult following now, and I don't mind at all admitting I'm a cult member and proud of it!!

lol

Old 23 Aug 2009, 08:48 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

And it ain't based on the Neon. Only thing they shared at one time was the steering wheel.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 10:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Talking Re: New Owner

Welcome lozz!
But, don't worry; you won't have to "share a steering wheel" with a Neon!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!