PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
When is Show Stock NOT Stock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Aug 2009, 11:47 am
Cool Cruiser

Default When is Show Stock NOT Stock?

This question is for you show guys,

Since I for all intent and purpose have a "new" car, I'm thinking about entering some shows. Autofair in Charlotte and RTTB in Myrtle Beach are both coming up.

Here's the question: When is your Cruiser considered to be no longer stock? Can you add "some" chrome or a tape pinstripe or is your car custom with the first aftermarket part. I've put a tailpipe extension on mine and am thinking about a stop light bezel and lower side chrome. Maybe a K & N replacement filter. That's about it.

So what's the deal?

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 24 Aug 2009, 12:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: When is Show Stock NOT Stock?

Normally stock is stock with no additions. Some shows allow some add ons, but you want to find out. RTTB show has a form you fill out showing what additions you have made and the number of points you come up with determines what class you are in.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 24 Aug 2009, 12:45 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to YoungCruiserrr

some shows have a rating.
like stock
mild custom
heavy custom
wild custom
INSANE custom!

But all in all it depends on what the judges' and hosts' consider stock

Old 24 Aug 2009, 01:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Some of the shows I attended allowed 4 additions, the 5th would bump you into another category. That's 4 small additions. A change of wheels or paint/vinyl would not be considered small.

As the other said, try and check with the show your attending if you really want to stay in the "stock" category, if not, add what you want and just enter in whatever class you happen to fall in. Just because you only added a couple additions and someone else has a lot more, doesn't mean the other one will win over yours, if your in it for the trophy. Most judges are more impressed with the cleanliness and shine of your cruiser than add-ons.

Remember, the best part of going to a show is that your with a lot of folks that have the same interest as you. Just go and have a great time.

There's a couple of us from my Tampa Bay club that pay our dues for a show and put a sign on that's it's for "Display only" not to be judged. We're there for a good time with the rest of the club.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 04:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Autofair is really informal. You kinda police yourself and determine what class you should be in. At least that is how it usually ends up.

Last edited by lowpt; 24 Aug 2009 at 04:22 pm. Reason: added last sentence
Old 24 Aug 2009, 10:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpt View Post
Autofair is really informal. You kinda police yourself and determine what class you should be in. At least that is how it usually ends up.
I was going to say the same thing. Lowes Motor Speedway is a great place to show, especially when they put us under the bleachers in the shade. Some of the shows have so few PT"s in them that you can basically pick the class you want to represent. Myself, I'm pissed that no one has a Convertible class, as we never win a damn thing because of the decorations in the sedans and all that space in the back for PS2's and Xbox and all other stupid ridiculous stuff. The verts just don't stand a chance some times.

Look at the picture of my PT and tell me what class you think it should be in? I've had it classed stock, Mild and Heavy Custom in shows where I didn't get a choice. At the AutoFair I normally would call it Mild since there are some damn exotic PT's there!

Figure what I got - Dropped/lowered on Tokico Blues with H&R Sport Springs, Mopar BOV, custom airbox, K&N drop-in filter, Crane FireWires, custom Rage-Tek tune @ 268whp, 325lb ft tq, custom stereo, custom flames (hood, fenders, rollbar), back seat air deflector, chrome bug guard, chrome door spears, chrome curb trim, chrome headlight surrounds, strut tower brace, MB Drifter Wheels, chrome bumper trim front and rear, billet 15" antenna, custom shift knob (soon to have STS!!!), 1200 watt JB amp, 10" JB Sub in custom box in trunk, custom trunk LED lighting, Altezza LED tail lights, backup camera, stainless tube lower grill on front... probably a lot more I'm not remembering right now. All that adds up to somewhere between Mildly Modded and Heavily Modded in my book. LowPT's seen mine, I'd call his Wild but not sure what he calls it. Low, what say on mine?? Course I didn't have it lowered the last time we met...

Last edited by Chromenut; 24 Aug 2009 at 10:49 pm.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 11:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
...Look at the picture of my PT and tell me what class you think it should be in? I've had it classed stock, Mild and Heavy Custom in shows where I didn't get a choice. At the AutoFair I normally would call it Mild since there are some damn exotic PT's there!...
Chromenut,

I can't begin to guess but I'd say MILD to HEAVY custom certainly not WILD.

I do have 2 questions though. Where did you get the 'vert door spears and how much to enter Autofair?

Thanks

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 24 Aug 2009, 11:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I don't remember if I got them at Race&Street or at PT Boutique. Both are great to deal with. You have Maggie at R&S or Linda at PTB, usually one or the other can get you almost anything for the PT and mostly at a good price. I would say that probably 75% of my 'stuff' came from R&S while PTB provided the other 25%, of items purchased online that is.

As to the AutoFair, if you sign up with CPTCC, you need to go there and PM Rick Flow, the club entry is free. If you just want to go there and walk around, so far it's been $10. If you enter to show, we meet about 7am off the exit for Concord Mills Mall, then roll onto the track from there. We usually start leaving around 3pm or later. If the weather's nice, it's a real hoot. There are auctions to see, hundreds of visitors, thousands of cars. It's a really big show. The fall one that's coming up is smaller than the Spring AutoFair, so I prefer this one.

edit - I just checked Santa and there are five available slots for cars to show with us, so if you want to go you need to email Rick Flow. I'm PM'ing you his email address.

Last edited by Chromenut; 24 Aug 2009 at 11:50 pm.