Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
A couple of questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Aug 2009, 06:16 am
Regular Cruiser

Default A couple of questions

I was wondering, are PT's bad about front brake dust or is it just cheap pads? After driving mine back from Texas to Florida the wheels were really covered with brake dust.

Also, does anyone know if the back of the radio has an "aux" plug to plug in a satellite radio? Mine is the 6 CD changer and unlike some I've seen there is no "aux" plug on the front.

Thanks ..
Old 26 Aug 2009, 06:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: A couple of questions

I can only answer the first question. The stock pads are made from compressed dust...
I switched to ceramic pads and no more dust!
TireRack, among other places, has a selection of brakes, and fairly good prices.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 26 Aug 2009, 06:57 am
Cool Cruiser

Mine don't, but they aren't stock - most pads that come with new cars last 20 to 30K under normal use. I got 77K out of my original's on my Chevy
Blazer; the shop couldn't believe it. I don't stomp the brakes, unless needed.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 07:20 am
Regular Cruiser

Thanks guys for the brake info ... I'll switch to something better when I have to change out the brakes ... My truck is sort of bad, but not near as bad as this .. The PT has 41K on it so I'm sure they've been changed out .. don't really know ..

Also what's involved in changing out the touch pad to open the back gate? Mine doesn't work I don't think . I can't open it without the key . ??
Old 27 Aug 2009, 09:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: A couple of questions

Remember that (even if you have disk brakes on all-4) the front brakes do 80% of the work. So, I have just gone ceramic on the fronts on the GT vert.!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 28 Aug 2009, 01:13 am
Fresh Cruiser

Just in case you don't know.....you have to hit the remote unlock button twice, to unlock the hatch.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 06:29 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassCruiser View Post
Just in case you don't know.....you have to hit the remote unlock button twice, to unlock the hatch.

You can program the remote to unlock all doors and the hatch with one push of the unlock button.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 28 Aug 2009, 08:08 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassCruiser View Post
Yeah, I know that but it still doesn't unlock it. I have to use the key. How can one program it to open the back? You'd think it would come that way. I just figured the touch pad was haywire ..
Old 28 Aug 2009, 10:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

On my 2006, the touch pad went bad, it was covered under the extended warranty. When it wouldn't open using the touch pad, I just took it to the dealer and they replaced it.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 28 Aug 2009, 11:13 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If the switch is bad,....
FS: Rear Hatch Handle

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles