Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Looking to buy extended warranty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Aug 2009, 09:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Looking to buy extended warranty

My 2007's manufactures warranty expires soon.
Who are the good guys and who are the bad guys when it comes to buying an extended warranty?

The Original - The 1939 Plymouth
Retired in sunny Florida
2007 Pt Cruiser Sedan
Touring Edition
Bright Silver Metallic
Old 27 Aug 2009, 06:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Looking to buy extended warranty

Fred,

If you want to know anything about anybody, go to the internet. My personal opinion is that they are all a bunch of crooks. I laugh every time I see Rusty Wallace (NASCAR driver) on TV trying to sell the USFidelas extended warranty. Go to the internet and type in "USFildilas complaints" and you'll see the BBB gives them an "F" rating and they are banned from doing business in certain states and they used to be called other names before word got around how bad they are.

It's like that for a couple of them that I looked up. Maybe someone here knows of a good one. Good luck

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 08:31 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I extended my warranty when the car was new with a Chrysler warranty, Do NOT go with anything else as with others you pay and then try to collect from the warranty company. I worked in a dealership and you wouldn't believe the people who had other companies had a fit because we couldn't honor them.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 27 Aug 2009, 08:53 am
Cool Cruiser

I agree with Holligan. I have been in dealership parts and service most of my adult life and I would never buy any extended warranty that was not from the manufacturer.

I know the extended warranty on my Mustang saved me at least $2000. (Torgue Converter and Radiator plus other odds and ends.)

I've got factory warranty until March so I'm trying to decide which plan to buy after that.

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 27 Aug 2009, 10:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Forgot to say I went online and got a Genuine Chrysler from a dealer in Iowa, he was $600 cheaper for the same deductible that I was offered by a dealer in Florida.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 27 Aug 2009, 10:53 am
Cool Cruiser

Dealer only. Those on-line or other are rip-offs. Besides, you can stare down a person at the dealer, can't do that on-line.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 11:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Agree with Chrysler only. The others are like playing the lottery.....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 27 Aug 2009, 09:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Looking to buy extended warranty

Another "chrysler only" guy, here!
I purchased the transfer of the off-brand warranty on the vert when I bough it used. But, after researching the name, it's not well thought of.
***Matter of fact, I had just gotten a card in the mail from D-C Service Contracts with a special offer for the 2006 vert....and took advantage of it!
Might want to talk to D-C at 1-800-867-2921
(my offer # was 14701657)
2007! Sounds like you are expiring because oif mileage; and can't wait until the 3 year point approaches.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 28 Aug 2009, 01:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

When asking a dealer about extending the warranty on my new/used Cruiser, he warned against getting one with anyone but Chrysler, because many dealerships do not honor third party warranties, as Hooligan states.
My Credit Union had steered me to a place.......I steered away!
Old 29 Aug 2009, 05:01 pm
Young Cruiser

the used car dealer i got my used PTC from sold me into a Z u r i c h extended warranty
i had almost 2k repairs so far(more than i paid for the warranty) on the pt done at the Chrysler dealership and i had no probs.