Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I know now I'm one of you

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Aug 2009, 03:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default I know now I'm one of you

Well it didn't take long but I know now that I am one of you. Truly!

Driving home from taking our son to school, my beautiful wife of 37 years asked "How much more are you going to spend on this car?"

Funny thing is other than ordering a top boot, personalized tag, license plate frame and buying a chrome exhaust tip and some clean up supplies, oh and a Chrysler baseball cap. I haven't spent any money on my new car.

Must be all those chrome goodies I have bookmarked. Sigh...

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Last edited by SantaGuy; 29 Aug 2009 at 03:48 pm.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 03:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: I know now I'm one of you

Yep, it's called the "Mod Bug" and looks like you caught it.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 06:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Just ask Santa for them and then when Christmas rolls around, there they'll be under the tree.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 29 Aug 2009, 06:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

It's proper term is the Mod Monkey, you'd easier get over a crack addiction! So if you've not spent any money, quick, run for your life! Maybe you can stay ahead of the mod monkey...

I just spent the day researching hoses to offset my stainless up-pipe configuration from my intake to my IC... damn monkey won't leave me alone...

So I've just decided to accept it for what it is, kiss and make up. Me and my mod monkey are great friends now...

Now I just hope we don't have any little mod monkey babies running around soon...
Old 29 Aug 2009, 09:05 pm
Senior Cruiser

now that's just scary, chromenut!
Old 29 Aug 2009, 09:54 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Well it's too late for me. Run while you can Santa! I have to talk myself out of mods every day. Of course it doesn't help that I'm always on the forums, eBay, and craigslist because of my iPhone and having idle hands and WAY too much time.

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*

Old 29 Aug 2009, 11:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Just ask Santa for them and then when Christmas rolls around, there they'll be under the tree.
Hooligan,

The problem right now is that if Santa gets his hands on them they may not make it under the tree. If you ask Santa for something PT related for Christmas and don't get it. check out my Sleigh Mods in January. Ho Ho Ho.

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 29 Aug 2009, 11:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Cathy06PT

I guess I never cought the bug, had mine for 3yrs and still no mods.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 01:16 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: I know now I'm one of you

Hey their Cat,

That's only cause you don't live near my neighborhood or I would have already snagged it and had my boys drop it to the ground on 20"s shaved, and smoothed before I rolled her in the booth for a little one on one time with some of my own secret mixed Candy Pearl!!!

Go easy,

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 30 Aug 2009, 02:16 am
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: I know now I'm one of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GTCruiser View Post
Well it's too late for me. Run while you can Santa! I have to talk myself out of mods every day. Of course it doesn't help that I'm always on the forums, eBay, and craigslist because of my iPhone and having idle hands and WAY too much time.
I find myself checking craigslist every 15 minutes when I'm not doing anything, you know, as if someone is gonna post the parts that I'm dreaming of in brand-spanking new, never opened condition at 1/100th of the price. It sort of helps that I live on a not-so-populated island (hardly any modded/blingged PTs) which is also disconnected from the continental U.S. (expensive shipping), and I've got other things to spend my money on (which makes me have to think heavily about purchasing mods that I want).