Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
First encounter with PT Hater

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Sep 2009, 01:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default First encounter with PT Hater

It happened when I was at my friendís house. His mom just got a Honda Civic so I complimented her new car. I told her I was looking at civics also but decided on a PT.

Then she says Oh yeah my brother had a PT and the transmission blew at 70,000 miles and he will never buy an American made car again, especially that one.

I thought how she said it was kind of rude I mean Iím just telling her about my new car and she has to say that. I felt like saying yeah well my car runs fine and at least I donít see it every turn I take unlike your civic.

So how many PT haters have you all encountered and what do you do when you encounter them?
Old 03 Sep 2009, 02:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: First encounter with PT Hater

Everyone has a relative (?) who has/had a auto that something went wrong and then they tell everyone they know that they had a problem. I just let them vent, it sure make them feel better bad mouthing something they know nothing about.

When they get thru, I just get in the PT and drive away, after all they drive a "rice burner" and I drive a "taco burner".

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 03 Sep 2009, 02:18 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick View Post
It happened when I was at my friendís house. His mom just got a Honda Civic so I complimented her new car. I told her I was looking at civics also but decided on a PT.

Then she says Oh yeah my brother had a PT and the transmission blew at 70,000 miles and he will never buy an American made car again, especially that one.

I thought how she said it was kind of rude I mean Iím just telling her about my new car and she has to say that. I felt like saying yeah well my car runs fine and at least I donít see it every turn I take unlike your civic.

So how many PT haters have you all encountered and what do you do when you encounter them?
You should've had a PT in the beginning. Lots of haters then. Getting flipped off was not unusual. Ignore them.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 03 Sep 2009, 02:55 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

My wife took our pt for an oil change. The owners daughter was running the register. She called the car "ptloser" in front of my wife. She even wrote it on the checklist sheet. I was pissed at first but got over it. They went out of business soon after. Karma????

I was at a friends house. A group of us guys were talking and someone asked what I had done to the car lately. My friends brother-in-law asked "what kinda car?" (He's a ricer with a honda) When I told him a cruiser. He said "Those things are ugly. I have never seen one that looked good". Everyone else there started defending me and my car. I just went to the truck, got the laptop out, pulled up my cardomain page and showed him. His jaw dropped and he said " Wow, I recend my previous statement. That thing is bad!"
Old 03 Sep 2009, 04:37 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpt View Post
My wife took our pt for an oil change. The owners daughter was running the register. She called the car "ptloser" in front of my wife. She even wrote it on the checklist sheet. I was pissed at first but got over it. They went out of business soon after. Karma????
Your wife is a better person than I am, that's for sure! If someone did that to me, either the verbal OR written insult, it wouldn't even take both to tick me off. Karma's good, but sometimes awfully slow!

Worst I've gotten was an SUV full of jerks, who decided to spend thier time at a stoplight yelling insults about how "ugly" my baby was.... never mind that they were driving an overpriced, gas-guzzling, roadhogging, filthy & dented Hummer (the original REALLY gigantic one).....
Old 03 Sep 2009, 05:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:

ROFL!!! I encounter them all the time..and leave them eating my dust

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 03 Sep 2009, 05:11 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to fastdel

all pt haters need to go back in there caves and keep quite
Old 03 Sep 2009, 09:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
he will never buy an American made car again
Point out how patriotic that is.........
Old 04 Sep 2009, 12:45 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Rickie Nelson said it best in a song, when he sang "You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself!"

Terry

2005 PT Cruiser Convertible - Touring Edition - Black
Mopar Spoiler, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 16x7 American Eagle Chrome 5 Spoke Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 225/50/R16 High Performance Tires
Autotechnica Chrome Shifter & Autotechnica Chrome Shifter Kit, Sony Headunit
Old 04 Sep 2009, 10:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

I guess I just do not understand the passionate hatred some people have for this car. I don't like those cube cars but I would never attack someone for having one.

The PT is so cute and I must say the compliments I get for my car far outweighs the negative remarks.