Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
dash gauge lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Sep 2009, 09:19 pm
Young Cruiser

Default dash gauge lights

my tach lights and half my spedo lights are out. how big of a pain are they to changeout, also i have a light that stays on 24/7. its on my fuel gauge pod and it looks like a pic of a headlight with 3 squigly lines in front of it. what is it and why does it never go off?
Old 04 Sep 2009, 06:31 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: dash gauge lights

I take it you don't have an owners manual. They're cheap and you can pick them up on eBay and filled with useful information.

It's a PITA to change lights inside the guage pods. We have a sticky that shows you step by step how to take apart the dash to change the bulbs. It's on the top of the Tech & Performance section of this forum.

If you have that "squiggly light" on ALL the time, your fog lights are also on ALL the time. If you battery isn't going dead, then the owner before you has probably taken the fog lights out or removed the No#8 fuse. What this means is that your Multi-function stalk on the steering column (controls turn signals, headlights and fog lights) has burnt out. Keep an eye out for and tell-tale signs of smoke. The stalk (switch) is extremely hard to find at the Chrysler dealer right now because so many of them have burnt out.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 04 Sep 2009 at 06:34 am.
Old 04 Sep 2009, 07:31 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The muiltiswitch is real easy to change out. Theres two screws(phillips) holding the plastic cover on. The screws are on the bottom. After you pull the cover off there is two screws(torx) on the top take those out and the assembly is loose. There is two plugs on the back to disconnect, make sure you pull the red tabs back before you try to pull them out. Put the new one in and put it back together. It took under a half hour to do. Good luck! Thanks quicksilverdon for helping me before with info. I just changed mine out two days ago. Mine haven't worked since I got mine two months ago. Now they do.
Old 04 Sep 2009, 01:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by twress View Post
The muiltiswitch is real easy to change out. Theres two screws(phillips) holding the plastic cover on. The screws are on the bottom. After you pull the cover off there is two screws(torx) on the top take those out and the assembly is loose. There is two plugs on the back to disconnect, make sure you pull the red tabs back before you try to pull them out. Put the new one in and put it back together. It took under a half hour to do. Good luck! Thanks quicksilverdon for helping me before with info. I just changed mine out two days ago. Mine haven't worked since I got mine two months ago. Now they do.
Make sure that you change the blinker relay also. The one I got did not have one and there was no info to transfer from one to another.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 04 Sep 2009, 08:30 pm
Young Cruiser

thanks guys for the info,ill be tackleing that task over this nice 3 day weekend as i detail and shine my cruiser up! have a good weekend and thanks again guys