PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

window fuse location?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Sep 2009, 01:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default window fuse location?

I need to know which fuse is for my power windows in my 2005 turbo conv. pt. The manual and diagrams don't tell me which one unless I'm missing something? Please help!!

Last edited by imaram2; 07 Sep 2009 at 02:37 pm.
Old 07 Sep 2009, 05:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: window fuse location?

Darned service manual says it's a 30 amp, but not where!! Doesn't give a descriptive of the fuse block inside the car either! In the parts catalog, it lists only one 30 amp fuse on the PDC, maybe that's it? It doesn't have a breakdown of the interior fuse block either. I've attached the service manual steps to troubleshooting the power windows. If you want that or the parts catalog just let me know and I'll give you my link to download them...

okay, well shoot, the pdf file is 89k and the max file size on these forums for pdf is 19k, so if you want a copy just let me know and I can email it to you.
Old 07 Sep 2009, 06:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

sure do appreciate the reply. I'll give her another check for the 30 amp. Had to put her away because of the rain. The window has a little feature with the convertibles where it opens up a 1/2 inch every time you open and close your door to clear the rag top. Well you guessed it. Since my windows wont move they are stuck on the outside of the softtop instead of being up and in them where they belong. Rain gets in real easy that way. Hopefully I can figure this out before I have to take to dealer. Thanks again. Still diggin my cruiser.
Old 07 Sep 2009, 08:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Get in and raise your top 1", close your doors and put the top back down. Now you're stuck in it, but at least it's dry...lol... I had this happen once, one of my door switches came loose (hit a magnificent pot hole that day) and I cleaned out my trunk, laid down my back seats, and used my trunk for entrance and exit until I figured it out. You should see a 6'2" tall guy at 280 lbs climbing in and out that way! Sure sparks a lot of laughter...
Old 07 Sep 2009, 08:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Okay, found out that the vert has a driver and passenger regulator module, each used to do the adaptive opening where it lowers the window a bit. Both are connected back to the fuse block on Circuit Breaker No.2, a 20 amp breaker. See attached...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05PTWindows.jpg (57.7 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg 05FuseBlock.jpg (64.6 KB, 106 views)
Old 07 Sep 2009, 08:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

There's an entire section on troubleshooting the windows. Might be of help. Will post them here, may take two entries due to file size, but they should help you out.

Edit, will post from my hosting domain since this site has such wonky low attachment levels...excuse the long post, but you can right click on the images and save them to your puter...

Since both sides are not working, the only thing I see tied to both is that breaker I mentioned one post above. The driver and passenger door modules are completely separate, as is the wiring up to that breaker. If you read through the service manual, the fuse block shows the breaker rated at 20 amps and the documentation following that says it's a 30 amp. Guess they couldn't make up their minds.

Last edited by Chromenut; 07 Sep 2009 at 08:32 pm.
Old 02 Feb 2010, 12:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Help! Power windows

i was changing out my cam sensor, i dropped my negative cable from the battery as suggested, after putting everything back together had no power windows. and checked Manuel for fuse location in the fuse box and it wasn't listed and any online picture does not match my fuse box.
i have a 2005 2.4l turbo pt cruiser.
any info would help thank you
Old 06 Jul 2012, 03:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for all this advice. My battery went dead yesterday and once the new one was put in none of the windows or the top would go down. Followed the threads here and was able to resolve the issue by simply disconnecting the battery and letting the car sit for 20-25 minutes. Hooked it back up and everything works fine.

Thanks again!!!!!
Old 06 Jul 2012, 03:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Johnmay,

Do you have a fuse box by your left knee when sitting in the drivers seat? If so, pull off the cover and on the inside of that cover you'll see a listing for all the fuses inside the box. on the top left there's a silver box labeled: C/B 20A P/WDO.

That stands for a Circuit Breaker 20 amp fuse for the Power Windows. Check that one.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Old 30 Jul 2012, 08:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Help! Power windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmay View Post
i was changing out my cam sensor, i dropped my negative cable from the battery as suggested, after putting everything back together had no power windows. and checked Manuel for fuse location in the fuse box and it wasn't listed and any online picture does not match my fuse box.
i have a 2005 2.4l turbo pt cruiser.
any info would help thank you

Your situation is the same as mine. ('05 conv. non-turbo thoug). I replaced my cam sensor. I was so happy I finally fixed it. Then my windows and ragtop wouldn't work. So for you convertible owner's out there, I'm guessing the switch to raise/lower the ragtop is on the same circuit. Now I know to look for the silver colored circuit breaker on the inside by my knee and not under the air filter ass'y fuse box.

From my angle, sitting in the driver's seat, I pulled and reinserted all fuses to look for popped ones. I couldn't see the silver colored boxes from my angle. I'll get lower and look harder.

(Signed up to the forums for this. More than once, this place has helped me out and you didn't know it.)

Edit: Went out at lunch time to buy a new CB. Didn't help. I carefully dismantled the old CB and it is not damaged. All four windows and ragtop won't operate. This is after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery to clear the P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor code. All fuses are in tact, this CB is in tact. Is there another CB somewhere that I need to check?

Edit x2: Found this little gem in your forums. I'm going to try it out. Sounds like the same issue.

Last edited by Duffman; 30 Jul 2012 at 03:57 pm.