Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Urgent need help...Please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Sep 2009, 04:42 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Urgent need help...Please

Does anyone know where I could get a powersteering fluid resevoir bottle for a GT turbo. My mechanic fixed my timing belt and water pump and I noticed a leak of brown fluid. My mechanic found out it was the power steering pump resevoir bottle that is leaking. He said it looks like it had been epoxyed.he must have broken it when he was doing the work. Now he can't get just the bottle as it only comes from the dealer with the pump bolted to it and cost $400.00. He is looking in BC now. The bottle is specific to the GT...this is upsetting as it never leaked before. Anyone help me or have one?
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 15 Sep 2009, 04:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Urgent need help...Please

I'm meeting with my mechanic, ex-CJD master mechanic, to see if he can suggest anything. He's the one I always go to for parts...

There's a place here on the other side of Charlotte from me, called Pick-A-Part, it's a junkyard, they said they have two GT's in the yard. If I can get over there on Thursday to heist some parts, I'll see if they have that. Any idea how hard it is to remove? If I can pull it, it should be pretty cheap, but I'll let you know. The guy didn't know if he had that part or not, so I'll print out from the Parts catalog and bring it along with me.

Hmmm... parts catalog doesn't show the reservoir separate... even more hmmm.. the service manual shows what I've attached below, with no description on pulling the unit apart!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03PSPUMP.jpg (74.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Chromenut; 15 Sep 2009 at 04:58 pm.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 05:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

thanx for your help...i think my mechanic now located a used one....i'll let you know if i need further help
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 15 Sep 2009, 10:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

Well my mechanic located a pump with resevoir for 125$ Canadian....Hopefully it will be shipped to him tomorrow.
I decided i will pay for the pump and he will cover the 2 hours of labour cost. I felt bad because he is a great mechanic and a nice guy. Fair, reasonable, trustworthy etc....which is hard to find. he has done lots for me in the past. Hope it all gets back together soon and NO MORE LEAKS. Pray for me and my PT.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 10:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Not bad, sounds like you may come out of this pretty well. Fingers crossed...
Old 16 Sep 2009, 09:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

"he must have broken it when he was doing the work. Now he can't get just the bottle as it only comes from the dealer with the pump bolted to it and cost $400.00. He is looking in BC now. The bottle is specific to the GT...this is upsetting as it never leaked before. Anyone help me or have one?"

i would be