Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Keep to the thread catagory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Sep 2009, 06:51 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Keep to the thread catagory.

How 'bout putting all this NON-PT stuff (DVD rip's and all) in the Non-PT Discussions where they belong! I'd like to see the Moderator/'s either deleting or moving them. Other Forum's I go to, that happens quickly.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 06:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Keep to the thread catagory.

The forum isn't set up that way. There are 3 moderators but I'm the only one right now that comes to the forum EVERY morning and bans the poster and gets rid of the posting. We get about 5-10 every night. Some during the day and I'll get to them when I can.

So, just be patient and they will go away when I get to them. You can see what they look like without opening up the post so just ignore them till I can come to the forum and get rid of them.

Usually they are on a brand new thread but sometimes they add a post to an existing thread and it's harder for me to find them but eventually I will and I'll get rid of the post.

Look at the bottom of the forum where it shows "total users that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours". The user names with the blue stripe thru them are the ones that have been banned in the last 24 hours.

Thanks

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 25 Sep 2009 at 07:14 am.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 07:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Thank Crewzin for all your hard work and everything that you do for this site. I know that it takes alot of time out of your week to do all this stuff. So just in case you haven't heard it lately THANKYOU!!!

Last edited by twress; 25 Sep 2009 at 09:36 am.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 08:31 am
Cool Cruiser

That's great to know. I guess I check the site earlier than most. I get to work before 7 and have a list of site's that I check before the daily grind begins; this being one of them. I see that they are now gone, thanks.

Spammers can go to.... If we all just NOT pay attention and NOT buy anything from them, they might go away.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 09:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by garner49 View Post
Spammers can go to.... If we all just NOT pay attention and NOT buy anything from them, they might go away.
I wish that were true. It hasn't been slowing down in the last 6 months though. I try to tell everyone not to respond to them. I see a few that were crossed out trying to come back to the forum, but only a few. There's 3 that have worked their way around the system and won't let me ban them. All I can do is delete their posts.

I've had great support from the forum members on how to get rid of them but I don't have the authority to do anything with the forum itself as far as the VB Bulletin format. So I'll just keep deleting and banning the best I can.

The days you do see that the forum is clear is because I volunteer for the Sheriff's department 3 days a week and start pretty early so I'm on the forum before I go out, somewhere around 5:30am.

twress; Thanks.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 Oct 2009, 05:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

There seems to be some losers trying a new tactic - reply to a topic, post some nonsensical generic reply, and have a link in their signature.
Look at the fourth post here:
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...-aarrgghh.html
Old 07 Oct 2009, 07:42 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
There seems to be some losers trying a new tactic - reply to a topic, post some nonsensical generic reply, and have a link in their signature.
Look at the fourth post here:
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...-aarrgghh.html
Reported as $pam.

Old 07 Oct 2009, 09:51 am
Regular Cruiser

Sure a lot of tech questions in the general category...... Should be moved to tech.......