PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Introduction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Sep 2009, 01:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Introduction

Hey everyone!

I just picked up an 03 PT Cruiser and figured Id join up here so I can keep her running for a while. Shes my DD now instead of my Jeep (which is my main hobby) and so far Im happy with her. It was my girlfriends but she wanted something more sporty like a 370z so I told her instead of trading it in Id buy it from her. Its got bad hail damage and a big dent in the side from her turning into a poll at the gas station but mechanically its in fine shape. Hope to learn alot about it and get to know you guys and gals
Old 28 Sep 2009, 02:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Introduction

I don't know with a name like Althekiller, but welcome anyway( just kidding)theres alot of good info at this site and a lot of great people to answer about any question. Welcome to the fun.......Happy crusin....
Old 28 Sep 2009, 02:12 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Introduction

Hey their AlTheKiller,

Welcome to the Forum. If thats your Jeep in your sig there, it looks to be a pretty good looking toy for sure!

As for your new PT, this is a great Website full of great people that are always more than happy to lent hand anywhere they can. So if you should happen to stumble across any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Till then, go easy, and I hope to catch ya around.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 28 Sep 2009, 02:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thanks guys. that is my jeep in my avatar. also the name AlTheKiller is a character from my favorite band Coheed and Cambria and i use it on jeepforum so i figured id just use it here too. i was looking for a decent pic of the cruiser but the best ive got is this:

Edit: posted a pic a few posts up

ill have to get her cleaned up and take some decent pics soon.

Last edited by AlTheKiller; 29 Sep 2009 at 12:05 am.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 02:36 pm
Regular Cruiser

Since you have a Jeep - That means you are used to fixing your rides. The PT will be no different.....
Old 28 Sep 2009, 02:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

yeah im hoping so. i just replaced the battery in the PT and what a hassle having to remove the airbox and everything

im off to do some landscaping work and while im out there ill get some up to date pics of the cruiser. im sure by now you guys can tell i like pictures
Old 28 Sep 2009, 03:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum AL. If you can make your pictures a little smaller it would help those who only have a modem, yes, there are a few on this website.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 28 Sep 2009, 06:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Might just be the angle of the picture, but the tire on the PT looks like camber is off - not vertical to pavement - it'll wear tires unevenly - could use an alignment, I suspect.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 28 Sep 2009, 06:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Welcome to the Forum AL. If you can make your pictures a little smaller it would help those who only have a modem, yes, there are a few on this website.

sure not a problem. thanks for the heads up

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Might just be the angle of the picture, but the tire on the PT looks like camber is off - not vertical to pavement - it'll wear tires unevenly - could use an alignment, I suspect.
ill give it a look and see thanks
Old 28 Sep 2009, 06:31 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Introduction

Hey Al,

Don't listen to lmmegt. For the most part, unless you opt to not perform regular routine maintenance, like with any other vehicle, you could be likely looking at high cost repairs. Outside of a couple of specific issues, the PT is a very well built, and reliable vehicle in my honest opinion, and as many other PT Peaople here will also attest to. If their were a ton of serious problems with the PT, I would think that it would be mighty difficult to have seen so many PT's reach upwards of 200,000 miles +.

The main mechanical glitches include changing the Timing Belt, and Water Pump out at around 80,000 - 100,000 miles which is common to all PT's, changing the plugs, and wires, and use high end plugs, and wires when performing the replacement every 30,000 miles or so to keep it idling smoothly , and flushing the Trans every 30,000 - 60,000 as many Chrysler products are well known for having a slightly weaker trans in them. And, last but not least, I would highly recommend running Mobile 1 Synthetic oil as it is much better for the engine in the PT.

Since you look like a true Jeeper, and most likely arent afraid of turning wrenches when need be, I would say most all of the above should not be much of a big ordeal, so my guess is you will be in good shape.

As for the cosmetics, it sounds like a great project for modding out the body, and shooting some new ultra cool paint and graphics! Just sent er over my way for a little one on one quality time in the spray booth, and she will be looking steller in no time!

Also, you probably already have things well covered, but I have a good friend, and fabricator who cad designs and builds off road suspension for Off Road Trophy Trucks, and is an off road junkie. He has full access to a really nice well equipped shop, and does some extra fab work on the side from time to time so if you ever might need a custom part made or something, he is a great go to guy for most anything! He actually designed and built a full one off set of Coil Springs to give my PT a full 3/5 drop before I went to air ride, and just to give you a little better taste of his work, here is what he enjoys most. I used to make em look perty, and he likes to go and destroy em. Such is life, right?

Anyways, you go easy, and I sure hope to see ya around the Forums.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing