Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
A much better day...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Oct 2009, 10:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default A much better day...

Well sorry for my miserable rant yesterday,I apologize...for venting....My PT is home with a new radiator and the old wornout cooling fan back in it. As I said yesterday the dealer wanted 1250$ for the part/fan....I could not find a used one in Canada.....I found one in Florida, but they would not ship to Canada.......Luckily, I asked CREWZIN, and he is agreeing to allow me to have it sent to him in Florida...and he will than mail it to meThank you CrewzinThree Cheers to Crewzin for helping a Canadian boy to the North out big time.I don't see any cooling leaks, fingers crossed.......the fan is ok for the time being....My winter Toyota corolla is insured, registerd finally, and my insurance quote came in cheaper than yesterdays quote, because they gave me a multi vehicle discount. The weather is sure getting colder ...down into the minus's..........Well thats enuf said for tonite...I'm going to relax with my Car and Driver magazine that I got in the mail......and go give my little guy a kiss goodnite.
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 07 Oct 2009, 03:05 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: A much better day...

Hey their Phil,

I have really felt for you with all that rotten luck you seem to have accumulated all at once, but am glad you got everything finally hopefully worked out. Hopefully with all the new parts on your ride, you should be good to go for a good while now without worry! Here's to hoping that was the end of it all, and you can move onwards, and upwards.

Crewzin!!!

You are always such an ultra cool Cruiser, and a great Friend to us all in the PT Community! Not only for always stopping to help out, and lend a hand to any Cruiser in need, but also for all of your outstanding, and ongoing work, time, and dedication it takes each, and every day to maintain our fine Website, and help to try and keep our way too cool PT Community alive and well! So this one if for you their Crewzin, Rock on my man!

Go easy, and stay cool guys, and I'll catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 07 Oct 2009 at 03:15 am.
Old 07 Oct 2009, 08:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: A much better day...

Just think with all the stuff wrong lately next year there won't be anything left major to go wrong. Now its time for the PT GODS to bless your PT. I put in a good word for you....
Old 07 Oct 2009, 02:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thanx a bunch....things seem good so far...I drove my Corolla to work today....going to wash and detail the pt and put in the garage....I have to watch the forecast it is getting COLD....and I will have to decide when to park it...probably soon as snow probably isn't to far behind.....when the new fan comes that will have to be installed...I might try it myself...or take it to the mechanic...he said he would do something for me and work something fair out.....Next Spring front, rear, brakes and front alignment will have to be done.............Costs up to now...Mitsubishi Endeavor....$ 770.00 for tires
$650$,00 for front and rear brakes and all fluids changed.Pt Cruiser...$1200 for timing belt and water pump.....$125.00 for power steering pump.....498$ for radiator....150$+ for cooling fan not including shipping and install........Toyota Corolla needs new front axle on lt side...boot split open and crap got into axle....My brother in law is a mechanic.....but said he will put the front axels in on both sides for 109$ each.
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 07 Oct 2009, 02:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hey Carey, ditto on Candyman's thoughts... I'm always willing to volunteer to help out another Cruiser so let me know if you need help from "down south"...lol...
Old 08 Oct 2009, 11:59 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thanx everyone.....wish I was down South...maybe I should just move to Florida.....this pic is from last year around this time and looks remarkably like today...I was too lazy to go out and snap a pic today...winter car on the road now....BUT in a few months it will look like this....L ooks like my family will be going to Disneyland in Anaheim CA or to Florida's DisneyWorld ...in December...I was granted the holiday time as was my wife and my parents want to take my son/ their grandson ot one of the places.....plans not finalized yet....I'm also planning on buying a snowblower this winter.
Old 09 Oct 2009, 10:59 am
Regular Cruiser

Unsolicited winterizing tips.
Either try to take the PT out once a month or so for a spin to fully warm things up and keep it charged.
Or if you want to avoid the snow and salt, I suggest that you get a small battery charger and charge it every other week or so for several hours. If you have to leave the car outside I'd try to bring the battery inside and store it on a block of wood not on the concrete. In an attached garage don't bother. Fill the fuel tank so there is no room for moisture. Slightly over fill your tires so that if you have a really slow leak you won't have a flat in the spring. Do an oil change so you don't have old oil with corrosive stuff in it.
Most important, get the crackers out from under the the seat so mickey and friends don't use your car for a winter time B&B.
Old 09 Oct 2009, 12:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Phil,

Know what you mean. This was my Nissan (red), wife's Storm up in Maryland one winter before I retired to Florida. One of the many reasons why I live here now.

When you get to buying that snowblower, look around and maybe you can pick something up like this...

Don,

Cars have always been a passion of mine (like a lot of kids) since before I can remember. When time passed and I could get behind the wheel of my parents cars I can remember adding (modding now) things like fender skirts, chrome tail pipes, fuzzy dice and other goodies to their cars and my parents would just shake their heads but let me do almost everything I wanted.

When it was my time to buy, I always wanted something that would stand out in a crowd, be a little different, either by the car itself or modding it the way I wanted.

I worked in 2 service stations between getting out of the Navy and going to work for the Government. Always used to do things on the side for people even though I wasn't paid and always stopped for a stranded motorist, back when cars could be fixed on the side of the road. It's in my nature to help and when this forum and other PT/Corvette forums came along, I was glad to help wherever I could. Not because of any award but just because I felt good doing it.

Thanks for your kind words. Your posts have considerably added enjoyment and wisdom to this forum. Glad to have you as a member.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 09 Oct 2009 at 12:06 pm.