Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Newbie with a seat question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Oct 2009, 09:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Newbie with a seat question

I just picked up a 2003 5 speed tonight. I had a few questions.
1. Is there a way to adjust the slope of the seat? (the part you sit on). It is high under my knees and I need to find a way to either lower the front of the seat or raise the back. I can't seem to figure it out.

2. The radio sucks something big time. Do they make after market face bezels so that I can put in an after market radio that doesn't look horrible?

Any help would be appreciated.
Dave
Old 08 Oct 2009, 08:39 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Newbie with a seat question

I have a 2001 LE and there is no adjustment for the slope on my seat. Just up and down and the slant of the back of the seat. On ebay under PT Cruiser radio kits the have the install kits for the cruiser. Hopefully thats some help.and welcome to the world of PT Cruisers Dave lots of good people to help here...
Old 08 Oct 2009, 08:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

All auto stores sell seat cushions and there's one that's wedge shape. If you put that on the seat with the thicker end at the rear it will raise your "rear end" so that your sitting on a flat surface.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 08 Oct 2009, 01:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

As to part 2, I have a 2004 PT. I went to Crutchfield, and bought a radio. I think if the unit is about $130 and above, they include all you need to install an aftermarket radio. I changed mine, and it was very easy. After connecting the wiring harness, the res took no more than 1/2 hr. to install. Also, you put in what your car is, and they will tell what fits and what does not.
Old 08 Oct 2009, 05:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I can install a radio without a problem, I've done more than a few. I just wanted to make sure I had a bezel that would match it to the interior.

As for the cushion, I was aware of that but was hoping for something a little less "low rent" than that.

Maybe I can put some washers in the back seat bracket and use longer screws....?

Thanks everyone for the responses. I do appreciate it.

On another note, how hard is it to pull off the glovebox, instrument and center trim? I think I would like to replace mine as it's a bit beatten up.