Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dang..I love my Cruiser!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Oct 2009, 02:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Dang..I love my Cruiser!

Sorry all..I just cant help myself! Have not been here in a while but just had to post a little pic of my 05! Click on the pic ( twice) Got to love our Crusiers!!!!!

Thanks for "Cruzin "

Larry
Old 10 Oct 2009, 07:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Dang..I love my Cruiser!

I hear you!
I'm on my second one.
Other than painted bumper, my new one looked like my my first one - my wife said nobody will know I got a new car - I said I didn't care...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 Oct 2009, 10:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I know that feeling my wife told me I've washed and cleaned my PT more in the 3 1/2 months than I did my Explorer in the 2 years I owned it..
Old 11 Oct 2009, 04:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by twress View Post
I know that feeling my wife told me I've washed and cleaned my PT more in the 3 1/2 months than I did my Explorer in the 2 years I owned it..
Funny, I hear that all the time.

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 11 Oct 2009, 07:39 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Dang..I love my Cruiser!

Hey Guys,

Then I would imagine you don't even want to know how much time I have invested in cleaning my PT!

My normal routine if I am prepping for a big show is a minimum 3 10-12 hour days just in detailing with usually the last day being pretty much all day, and all night leading up to the Event.

Way, way back when I was dealing a lot with Meguiar's I used to do some prep for serious cars for the LA Roadster Show, World of Wheels, and so on, and that was 5 days plus coming in after hours to do a prep and pream for muli-day events , but my all time record, and still favorite detail even was a 1907 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost which was being stored at the Peterson Automotive Museum and was in need of a full detail before heading to Pebble Beach for the Concours d'Elegance back in August 2004. I wound up spending two and a half weeks hand polishing all the stainless to a high gloss mirror finish top to bottom till perfection. I can just imagine what my Wife would say if I spent that much time on my PT. :

Now as for the hours put into mods, paint, graphics, audio stuff, and other crazy stuff, that's a whole nother 12 pack right their!

Nayways, I really, really love my PT too, and already plan to keep working and tweaking my PT till I am finally happy with it, and replace anything that goes wrong in hopes of keeping it forever! Its just a way cool, and fun car, and I have such a blast with it! Yeah, I'm a PT Addict for life!

Go easy you guys, and I will catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 11 Oct 2009, 11:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Dang..I love my Cruiser!

Nice Mafia chase car man!

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 12 Oct 2009, 06:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

I love mine too!

This is the first time in many, many years I have actually liked the car I drive instead of merely being moderately happy I at least own a car.

In the past 3 weeks or so I have spent about $150 getting stocked up on detailing products to keep it looking good.

I am looking forward to doing some mods and letting it live up to its potential as an attention getter.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 07:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Ditto what William F said! Love my beast....
Old 12 Oct 2009, 09:59 pm
Senior Cruiser

I have the reputaion of the guy on the block with the shiniest cars.....I don't know if thats a good or a bad thing....I have been like that since I got my 1st car 20 some years ago. I guess I have no life...the neighbors kid who is 4 asked me a while back" Why do you wash your car everyday?"....His parents always go to carwashes at 20$ per shot......I luv hosing down my car, and detailing it on the driveway on a nice day.I do a better job for cheaper too.
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob