PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Billett grill approximation photo...advice???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Feb 2010, 10:05 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Billett grill approximation photo...advice???

Above is a pic of my Billett grill application in progress...I have the upper grill partially screwed in at the upper screws....the holes did not meet up so I had to do some work....I yet have to do some more work as the bottom holes are not lining up...I have to do some more bending of the upper brackets....the bottom grill is just sitting on some paper towels and a blanket to get a idea of what it will look like....What do you all thimk? Opinions??My neightbor is letting me use his HEATED garage tomorrow to finish it...and he has better tools to boot. Its a little frigid to be working on this not to mention it gets dark around 5pm and my garage is kind of dark and cold...especially the concrete floor. Its kind of growing on me...I can always go back to the stock look. One thing I don't like is that along the sides of the upper billett grill you can see some holes that were previously covered by the factory upper grill.....I have some ideas how to deal with this......ie some metal plates to fit with 2 sided tape, screws etc...or even some black plates or tape...thats the fun of this...something to ponder and play with.....Thanx Badger again
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 03 Feb 2010, 10:11 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Billett grill approximation photo...advice???

before pic....
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 03 Feb 2010, 11:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I like the new grill. I've heard that some of them are not perfect fits. Wondering, local cops don't have a problem with you running the head light covers?
Old 04 Feb 2010, 12:02 am
Senior Cruiser

I have never had a problem with the headlight covers...Always drive with my fog lights and park lights on during the day. put extra bright Sylvania bulbs in the fog lights.....so I do have daytime lights.......rarely drive at night....and if I do......I remove the covers...there just on with Velcro. ..........Years ago I entered the province of British Columbia next to my province of Alberta and the cops had a checkstop set up and made me remove the covers I had on the car at that time......I want to get my front doors tinted.....but there is Zero tolerance here for it....the cops will stop you...ticket you....make you remove it on the spot....or they will simply key it up and ruin it..............so I decided against it....Too Bad....I'll post pics tomorrow if I get the finished grill done
Old 04 Feb 2010, 08:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I put gorilla tape on the metal behind the billet grille - it's black and I lined it up with the edge of the grille.
Protects the paint if the metal bars hit and is not noticed behind the metal bars.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 05 Feb 2010, 06:54 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I have the same grill and had the same issues mounting. Had to bend brackets to line up, but I do like the finished product.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 05 Feb 2010, 12:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

I got the same grill and when I find out that I need it to modified so many things to fit it in my car I deside to go with one that does'nt need modifications. Also I didnt like when you take a picture in the front of the car with that grill you can see the radiator and internal parts. The look of that grill is great I just dont like the modifications at the time. I love plugs and play hehehehe! Here is a pic of mine!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user15885_pic90_1262565786[1].jpg (36.5 KB, 15 views)