Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 and up interior questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Feb 2010, 10:12 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default 2006 and up interior questions

I know that starting with the 2006 model there were some changes to the interior. Some of them I am not too fond of.

For example, what is that towel bar looking thing over the glove box? It looks like a handle of some sort, but it seems out of place to me. Seriously, why is it there and secondly, can it be removed?

The other thing I really don't care for in the later models is the AC vents. There is nothing wrong with them per se, I just like the joystick style controls on the older models better. Part of that could stem from the fact that I had planned on adding chrome covers to the vents and control knobs on my 05 and I had envisioned it as a pretty cool mod. Is there any thing that can be done to the newer vents to dress them a bit?

The bank and insurance co still haven't squared things following my accident, but I will be shopping this week and while I won't turn down a newer model beccause of these minor issues, they are on my mind none the less
Old 08 Feb 2010, 07:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 and up interior questions

There are some who have removed the "towel bar" - do a search on "towel bar" - I remember one who gave pretty detailed instructions.

Here -
I searched for you:

Removed handle on 06

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles

Last edited by quicksilverdon; 08 Feb 2010 at 07:35 am. Reason: found link
Old 08 Feb 2010, 10:43 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 and up interior questions

Thanks, Don.

My wife asked me if we were to get one if I would be able to remove it. I told her I was pretty sure someone here would know how to do it