PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Just joined and just got a PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Feb 2010, 09:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Smile Just joined and just got a PT

Hey Guys

Nice forum you have here. I'd thought I would introduce myself and tell my PT story. I have been looking for a new used car for the last six months and while always liking the look and style of the PT, I was put off by the Chrysler name tag and the issues they have been having. My buddy also has a Sebring and has had an engine go with sludge problems so I had a bad taste in my mouth. So I have been looking for a Toyota or Honda to replace my old Camry but the prices are insane. So I'm at a used car lot last week looking at a Honda Accord and being bored with the sight of it, and annoyed that it has high mileage and they want a small ransom.

And that's when I spotted Jenny (yes I named her already) I swear I thought she winked at me, she was an 04 touring cruiser in pristine new condition with 53,000 miles and it was thousands less than the Accord. It was love at first sight and once I saw the clean car fax report I bought her on the spot of course after I pretended I didn't want her and got some more money off.

Even though my eyes were blinded by love I still took a two year warranty to cover almost everything so I wouldn't worry about it being a Chrysler. It's funny back in the day a Mopar would have been my car of choice.

You know I'm a guy in my 40's and this was the first car I have been excited about and bought with my heart and not my head in a long time. I actually enjoy driving it and I'm looking forward to customizing it a little, no pimp ride but just a little something to stand out.

Well glad to be part of the forum I have already learned a lot from you guys.

Dino

Last edited by Dino; 09 Feb 2010 at 11:50 pm.
Old 09 Feb 2010, 10:34 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ZZRain
Default Re: Just joined and just got a PT

Welcome to the forum, I am sure Jenny will provide you with many happy cruisin miles !! Happy Cruisin !!
Old 09 Feb 2010, 11:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Welcome Dino! Just watch out for the Mod Bug!

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 09 Feb 2010, 11:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaGuy View Post
Welcome Dino! Just watch out for the Mod Bug!
Thanks, but what's a mod bug?
Old 10 Feb 2010, 12:10 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Thanks, but what's a mod bug?
It's the bug that bites you after you've made the first modification. It causes a need to do more and more to your PT. There is no known cure.

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 10 Feb 2010, 07:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum Dino, Jenny sounds like a beauty. Santa said it all about the Mod Bug. It is infectious!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 10 Feb 2010, 08:52 am
Regular Cruiser

Welcome! You made the right choice.
Whipple Supercharger, BTG springs, Tokico shocks/struts, B&M short shifter, chrome GT 17" wheels, darkened tail lights, Chrome Grille, fuel door and vent knobs, painted bumpers, mirrors, airdam and center console, cueball shifter, Polk audio system w/ XM, Magnaflow muffler
Old 10 Feb 2010, 09:11 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaGuy View Post
It's the bug that bites you after you've made the first modification. It causes a need to do more and more to your PT. There is no known cure.

I hear you Bro, I know the symptoms well, I have been into Harley's for a long time and have owned three old Mustangs over the years but the Mustangs were a while ago and at that point in life I had to choice between diapers for the kid or parts for the Mustang, it wasn't an easy choice but ended up with diapers.

And now I have pretty much spent hours on line already researching stuff I could do to her on a budget. And I do tend to go overboard whenever I get a new obsession. It's just that she is such a customizable car, as you all know already.

Thanks guys for the welcome
Old 10 Feb 2010, 05:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum and PT ownership.
I'm on my second PT, got used PT GTs for my daughter & Son-in-law, and all have been very reliable.
You will want to get good wires (NOT the stock ones) and put in new plugs (gap at 0.040).
You should have the auto flushed (flushing machine that gets all the fluid) and be sure they only use ATF +4 - assuming it's an auto.
I am a synthetic oil believer, and when I buy a used car I immediately change the oil & put in synthetic - then I know what's in there, and when it was changed.
Enjoy.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 10 Feb 2010, 06:08 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to fastdel

welcome
let the modding begin