Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What's up with the PT cruiser???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Feb 2010, 01:38 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default What's up with the PT cruiser???

Why do people not like these cars? I've been looking them up online tonight and all I see are morons calling it the PT loser or something of that nature.

I just got mine and I don't see what the big deal is, I think they are great looking cars and I've always loved the 30's style look of them, specially after watching Public enemy lol.

So far I like the way it drives and the only thing I dislike is it eh seats, which isn't a big deal at all.

I know I shouldn't worry because what I like is what I like...But I can't seem to find why people don't like them....

Btw I'm 22 and I've always been in to the tuner scene but I've had a love for old cars/ old looking cars...
Old 10 Feb 2010, 06:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: What's up with the PT cruiser???

It's always been that from the start back in 2000 when they hit the showroom floor. People either loved them or hated them. They been in production for 10 years now and sold over 1,000,000 so there are a lot of us that like them.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 08:59 am
Regular Cruiser

Crewzin is right. It was car of the year back in 2001 and they couldn't make them fast enough. Dealerships were getting $10k over sticker which is a lot for a $20k car! I've been through 19 cars but my 2001 PT is the only one I still have! Don't worry about the internet bullies who sit behind their monitors and criticize EVERYTHING. I was 20 when I bought mine and spend 8.5 years on the Marine Corps so I've heard my share of jokes! Ignore it.
And if Chrysler had simply updated the car just once in the past 10 years, (not just a refresh), maybe it would still be going strong...
Whipple Supercharger, BTG springs, Tokico shocks/struts, B&M short shifter, chrome GT 17" wheels, darkened tail lights, Chrome Grille, fuel door and vent knobs, painted bumpers, mirrors, airdam and center console, cueball shifter, Polk audio system w/ XM, Magnaflow muffler
Old 10 Feb 2010, 09:23 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinUehzA View Post
Why do people not like these cars? I've been looking them up online tonight and all I see are morons calling it the PT loser or something of that nature.

I just got mine and I don't see what the big deal is, I think they are great looking cars and I've always loved the 30's style look of them, specially after watching Public enemy lol.

So far I like the way it drives and the only thing I dislike is it eh seats, which isn't a big deal at all.

I know I shouldn't worry because what I like is what I like...But I can't seem to find why people don't like them....

Btw I'm 22 and I've always been in to the tuner scene but I've had a love for old cars/ old looking cars...

I feel your pain bro, yesterday I pull up in the work parking lot and as I get out of the car and I'm 6-3 230lbs and kind of look like a linebacker my friend who I work with starts pointing and laughing that I bought a clown car and he can't believe I fit in it. I showed him the interior and he couldn't believe the leg and head room but he still walked away chuckling.

These days people don't have a good opinion about anything Chrysler. But all in all a lot of people love these little cars. So be proud of your car and the fact you have something unique. Plus the chicks love them!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 09:40 am
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: What's up with the PT cruiser???

When I finish my service in the Army I moved to Orlando Florida. My first job was as a service advisor in a CARMAX Chrysler dealership. I remember when the first PT's got into the dealer in 2000. Between that car and the Prowlers I was in love. I remember getting the cars out of the trucks and inspect them for damages. The first time I park the first PT out of the truck I remember staying in the car several minutes just looking at the interior and saying to my self it will be nice to have one of these. It looks like a very fun car. Now almost 10 years later I got my first PT turbo. My wife can not understand why I like it so much and why I being spending so much time and money into my car. I guess it was meant to be. All I can say to you is that if your happy that is all it matters. The best feeling in the world is driving something that you enjoy and love. So have fun and enjoy your cruiser!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 10:27 am
Young Cruiser

I think a lot of it too is the draw for futuristic and mainstream designs, hence the popularity of the Accord and Camry. Also, there seems to be a certain stigma with wagons.

2012 Dodge Charger
2006 Nissan Xterra

Former: 1986 Dodge Daytona, 1988 Jeep Cherokee, 1997 Pontiac Sunfire, 2002 Jeep Wrangler, 1995 Ford Taurus Wagon, 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Old 10 Feb 2010, 08:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

people fear what they do not understand... everyone else just looks at my tail lights

i dont do chrome or autox or car shows or sound systems so i get the worst of it. i run the 1/4...alot. respect in these cars is never given, it is earned... plenty of srt4's, camaro's, r/t's, and yes 1 lucky 911 4s know what my cruiser looks like from behind.

josh
50trim (2 Weeks)
Stage 3 (3 months)
Big Wheel Stage 3 (6 months) my Fav
Holset HX35 (6 months) 700whp turbo
Stock turbo its a daily driver now

I've done this once or twice before...
Old 13 Feb 2010, 10:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

There are a few reasons why:

Younger people rag because a majority of the drivers of PT's are 40 yrs+, 85%of the PT's out there are base models and or rentals, aka slow. Most don't even know there is a turbo version. And...I hate to say it... but alot of the customizers of PT's also tend to get a little carried a away with the decoration....Hint ( just because they have an accessory for a car does not mean you have to have it on your car.....) Accentuate the car's lines don't use it as a christmas tree....( but to each his own)

For older people its more about whether the styling is to their taste or not.

The rental car scene has helped give the PT a bad rap, good for sales numbers, bad for image. Unfortunately, most rental cars are cheap and base models, especially because most people will only pay bare minimum for a rental.
2004 Platnium Ltd Ed. Turbo. Stage 1, 06 composite intake, Voodoo III MBC, Custom axle back straight pipe, Spectre ABTT, Magstar Race wires, K&N filter,Springtech 2\" drop, Silencers removed, iridium plugs. Best ET 14.224 @ 97.6 on street tires
Old 13 Feb 2010, 11:48 am
Fresh Cruiser

"Accentuate the car's lines don't use it as a christmas tree....( but to each his own)" x2

LOL, I'm not really into stick-on things esp. the chrome, I saw a F-150 4-door yesterday with stick on chrome, pillar covers, mirror covers, handle covers, rocker-molding, wheel arches, door-edge guards, gas-door, grill, if they could peel it and put it on that truck, They did!!! it looked bad. IMO

No offense to those that are into stick-on things.
Old 13 Feb 2010, 12:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

PT's are like Harley's, when you buy them they all look alike but after a year or two no two look alike. In fact it's rarer to see an all stock Harley than one with mods. Not all people customize their cruisers but it seems the ones that really like them do. Lets face it my last car was a Toyota Camry, and while it was a good car I never even thought about customizing it.