PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Odometer is on when driver door opens... normal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Feb 2010, 09:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Odometer is on when driver door opens... normal?

I just bought a 2001 PT Cruiser (love it!), and I noticed that the odo is on when I get in the car. Is that normal?

The RKE module is bad, and I thought I read somewhere that the fuses for that and the odo are related.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 09:08 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Odometer is on when driver door opens... normal?

My odo is on when I open the door on my 03 gt. Can't answer as to the fuse connection.

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*

Old 11 Feb 2010, 09:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Don't know about fuses, but RKE going doesn't mean fuse goes.
And yeah, odometer comes on when you open door. Ialways write down mileage when I change the oil.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 Feb 2010, 10:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Odometer is on when driver door opens... normal?

Same as my 2006.
But, I believe that you ca change the setting where the head lights come on when you open the door or hit the "open" button on the keyfob.

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 14 Feb 2010, 12:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticspaceman View Post
I just bought a 2001 PT Cruiser (love it!), and I noticed that the odo is on when I get in the car. Is that normal?

-snip-
Thanks in advance for your help.
Yes. Normal. That's a Chrysler Corporation feature that I really appreciate. At work, we have several makes and all of them use fleet fuel cards that require that we enter the odometer reading when we fuel up. Only the Chryslers and Dodges allow me to do so without (impossible for me at my age) memorization or trying to find a scrap of paper and a working pen to scribble a number on.