Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Air Cleaner Housing "Clip" Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Feb 2010, 03:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Air Cleaner Housing "Clip" Needed

Can anyone advise where I can get one these "Metal Clips" that hold down the Right Side of the Air Cleaner Housing? One of the clips flew off while changing the Battery. Model: 2002 PT Cruiser Touring

Last edited by bluesriff; 13 Feb 2010 at 03:05 pm.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 12:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Air Cleaner Housing "Clip" Needed

First, try probing around with an extending "pencil" magnet. The clip went somewhere.
Second, try a wrecking yard. I bet a Neon would use the same clip.
Third. the dealer.
Fourth, use a heavy duty binder clip, from a stationery store, or a small C clamp, in the interim.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 06:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Air Cleaner Housing "Clip" Needed

Thanks Matt! Great suggestions.
Old 03 May 2011, 06:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Using the picture posted here can anyone tell me what is the hose for next to the arrow is for? In my 2004 PT Cruiser 2.4L Turbo is missing it and want to know what its for? While im on the subject would this cause the check light engine to go off? Im getting error code the one that has the describtion "vacuum leak around the No#4 cylinder" so i want to know if thats causing it. Im troubleshooting
Old 03 May 2011, 08:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by calangas1 View Post
Using the picture posted here can anyone tell me what is the hose for next to the arrow is for? In my 2004 PT Cruiser 2.4L Turbo is missing it and want to know what its for? While im on the subject would this cause the check light engine to go off? Im getting error code the one that has the describtion "vacuum leak around the No#4 cylinder" so i want to know if thats causing it. Im troubleshooting
The hose, along with the air box, is different on the '06 and up PT's, but the hoses function is the same. It's the "make-up air hose", comes off the crank case and is a federal regulation to prevent emission of oil fumes into the atmosphere. The hose takes crank case over-pressure and runs it to your air box into a sponge filter. If you don't have one, you must be putting oil on your engine somewhere. If you look at mine, it's got that hose connection sealed off at the air box, because I run the crank case to an external breather.

Somewhere here on the forums I posted a how-to on this, might want to search it out. Pic below shows the breather I use, clean it just like a K&N filter, using the same cleaner and oil for it.

Old 07 May 2011, 08:21 am
Regular Cruiser

i drilled a small hole and zip tied my old air box when my clip broke on my 01. last yr i removed it for a air intake. much better now!
Old 07 May 2011, 12:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

my 07 was badly abused when i bought it. when i did the once over i opened up the air filter case
first it was glued shut, even worse with wood glue. Second, they took a fram filter that was much too big and cut it then shoved it in to fit. the little clips were broken so i just took it to the local chrysler dealership, i was ssoooo angry i couldnt even deal with it myself.