Advertisements
power window wiring

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bds02pt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Feb 2010, 04:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default power window wiring

I just recently purchased a pair of m3 style power mirrorrs for my 02 PT off ebay and the instructions are crap(expectedly so). I have a chilton manual but unexpectantly there is no wiring diagram for the mirrors. Anyone know what the individual wires are?
Old 20 Feb 2010, 05:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: power window wiring

You're going to have to take the door panel off anyway, right? You'll see the wires then.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 20 Feb 2010, 06:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If I remember correctly the wires in the door are the plug in style. Not sure if you have the correct (male or female) on the mirrors. If not, they may be color coded from PT to mirror.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 21 Feb 2010, 11:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

I've got everything apart and the mirror does have a plug (with 5 wires). However the aftermarket mirror does not offer that convenience. There is what looks to be two sets of wires in the plug (seperated by unused hole in plug). On one side is a black, yellow and black, and a white. On the other side is a blue and a black wire. The black wires are larger than all others. I think that the three wires are for the mirror motors (the new mirror only has three for the motors) and the two wires are for the defroster. Since the black wires are similarly larger than the rest I am guessing this is a ground for each. I've got a chilton manual, but they omitted this information in the wiring diagrams for some reason. I have tirelessly searched forums with no luck so at this point I think my best bet is to install quick connects on the wiring, hook the old mirror back up, and disconnect each individually to see what stops working. I hope I don't burn up the motor, but at least it's the ones I'm removing.
Old 02 Mar 2010, 04:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Finally got it figured out through a little trial and error. Of course the wire colors for each side are different so I had to do twice. Feel free to message me if anyone needs the info for their install.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 09:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Just some pics...
[IMG][/IMG]
GoingGreen likes this.