Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What is best year- model

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Feb 2010, 03:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default What is best year- model

With the soon end of PT production I got to wondering "What is the considered the best year and model?" Ought to be fun to know what folks think.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 04:11 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: What is best year- model

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinDad View Post
With the soon end of PT production I got to wondering "What is the considered the best year and model?" Ought to be fun to know what folks think.

I don't think all that much changed over the years, to make one year stand out. I think that's one of Chrysler's problems while I never wanted them to touch the shape and style, some engine refinements would have been nice and a better automatic transmission with a 5th gear. And that Diesel from Europe should have made it here, a turbo diesel that gets great mileage would have rocked.

Since I have an 04 and it's my first I'm going 04
Old 24 Feb 2010, 05:13 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to fastdel

the best model is the 2002 2.2 crd touring lol
Old 24 Feb 2010, 05:24 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Im a fan of the 06+ but majority of owners support the 01-05
Old 24 Feb 2010, 06:19 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: What is best year- model

Hey Guys,

Yep, I have to say I am a fan of the older body style from 01 - 05. The rounder body lines both inside, and out just seem to flow better to me, and I am still trying to figure out what the design boys at Chrysler were thinking about with that passenger side towel rack thing. My personal favorite is going to have to be my 03 Dream Cruiser Series 2 for the bold choice in color scheme, all the options, Custom two toned Interior, and the High Output Turbo Power Plant.

To me, the older PT's were just better, but keep in mind that when its all said and done, it all really comes down to personal preference.

That's my vote anyway, you all go easy, and I will catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 24 Feb 2010 at 06:23 pm.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 08:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

The year is some thing personable but the best thing is the design is a classic. It's the type of car you will remember owning. I love converibles I remember my VW's , Jeep wranglers and now my 2005 Dream
cruiser that's what makes it fun driving a classic.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 08:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The 2003 Dream Cruiser.
First year of turbo, and since the 2002 model, every year they deleted more and more features.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 24 Feb 2010, 10:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

I'm with the Candyman the 03 GT turbo is my favorite...luv the inferno red
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 25 Feb 2010, 07:45 am
Cool Cruiser

Last year before the changes that 'I' don't like.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 10:48 am
Cool Cruiser

I think it's a toss up. I had an '04 base with sun roof that I really liked. I liked the shape of the headlights, the AC vents were better and it didn't have a towel rack above the glove box. There are also a lot more aftermarket goodies for the pre-06 models, which something I wanted to take advantage of.

When that car was totaled last month, I replaced it with an '06 Limited Ed. Don't like the vents or towel rack. I can live with the newer style headlights. Not as many aftermarket goodies for it. The shape of the dash isn't as stylish as in the older models, IMO. That being said, I like the power seats, power mirrors and the info display on the dash (outside temp and direction of travel, avg MPG, radio station display).

I guess it all comes down to what you're into.