Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Proud to present The Sequel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Mar 2010, 04:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Proud to present The Sequel

After a lot of BS and hassles, we finally got a new PT to replace the one that was wrecked. We have dubbed it The Sequel.

It's a 2006 Limited Edition with about 43K miles. She still needs a little work to be 100% up to my standards in terms of detailing, but overall I'm pleased with it. We got it a couple of weeks ago and I've been fiddling with it to get it right before posting pics.

There are a few rust spots that I am working on to see if I can touch up. I started with a spot under the hood to see how it will come out, but that's not done yet. I'll share the results of that when it's done.

I guess if you've seen one PT that hasn't been moded, you've seen 'em all, but you guys asked for pics when we got settled

As I said, I'm still working on some of the detailing that needs to be done but I will post pics of that stuff in the Detail Shop for those who are interested.
Old 05 Mar 2010, 07:29 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Proud to present The Sequel

William,

I looked at a vert that color before I found my red one. My wife prefers that color but I just couldn't sell myself on the idea of Santa driving a blue sleigh. Anyway, nice car!

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 05 Mar 2010, 07:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

Even stock she is still a beauty, happy trails
Old 05 Mar 2010, 08:28 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaGuy View Post
William,

I looked at a vert that color before I found my red one. My wife prefers that color but I just couldn't sell myself on the idea of Santa driving a blue sleigh. Anyway, nice car!
I think you made the right choice with a red sleigh

Blue is my favorite color, but the other one was Graphite and the wife and I thought that the dark color was a throw back to the luxury cars of the period the PT is based on.
Old 05 Mar 2010, 08:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Even stock she is still a beauty, happy trails
Thanks! She won't be stock for long. I've already found a couple hood ornaments on Ebay for it that are from the Chrysler Airflow of the mid 30s, which is the car the PT was based on.

Just like with the Original, the wife and I have more ideas than money for the car
Old 05 Mar 2010, 09:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I like the pinstripe, and the wheels.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 06 Mar 2010, 09:49 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to IMIEIW

Nice color. Good luck with the sequel.
Old 06 Mar 2010, 10:47 am
Young Cruiser

She is very pretty... I almost got one that same color...but decided i liked the darker blue better. it will highlight the chrome better LOL
Old 06 Mar 2010, 02:00 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Thumbs up Re: Proud to present The Sequel

Hey their Will,

A big Congrats on the new Ride!!! She looks good straight from the Factory for sure, but if all you want is a little tweaking and fine tuning, just bring her on down my way and I will see what I can do with her!

A quick chop and drop, shave of a few things, tint, some 20"s, reversed hood, suicided rear doors, split tailgate, and a little re-shoot in custom House of Kolor Kandy Blue over some kind of cool graphics to be decided....with the "Sequel" Air Brushed in the Trunk somewhere, and I recon we should be about good for the moment.

Of course ya know I want some Detailing Photos, like you need to ask.

Hey, if you need to remedy some small spots, remember you can maybe look into one of those Air Brush Guys who should be able to Computer color match, and professionally brush out all the spots in the entire car for around $150 - $200, and is a lot less aggravation. Just a thought anyways.

Again congrats, and I will catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 07 Mar 2010, 12:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
A quick chop and drop, shave of a few things, tint, some 20"s, reversed hood, suicided rear doors, split tailgate, and a little re-shoot in custom House of Kolor Kandy Blue over some kind of cool graphics to be decided....with the "Sequel" Air Brushed in the Trunk somewhere, and I recon we should be about good for the moment.
Sounds like fun. If it's all on the house, I may just have to take a second vacation this year to Cali

Quote:
Of course ya know I want some Detailing Photos, like you need to ask.
There are a few in the detail shop on a couple of the smaller projects I've done to it so far. Still have some work to go. Was planning to finish it up today, but it's raining

Quote:
Hey, if you need to remedy some small spots, remember you can maybe look into one of those Air Brush Guys who should be able to Computer color match, and professionally brush out all the spots in the entire car for around $150 - $200, and is a lot less aggravation. Just a thought anyways.
I think I'll end up doing that in the long run, but I found a spot under the hood to play with that's not visible when the hood is shut, so I figured I'd give it a shot and just see what happens.